Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Van Weezer (May 7, 2021) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Sep 10, 2019.

1. abw123

Trusted

Shredding Weezer is the best Weezer

Dirty Sanchez and kyle like this.
  2. If the whole album really is Van Halen worship, I hope OK Human is Radiohead worship. Would be wild

Dirty Sanchez and irthesteve like this.
  3. At this point, I have way more faith in them churning out weird pop records than I do classic Weezer records, and that's okay

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Sucks that we probably won't hear OK Human until 2021, unless they decide to drop two albums next year (definitely not out of the question with this band). But this record is going to be great so it's alright.

5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I am so here for this

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm in love with this song. That riff is stuck in my head.

7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Just a heads up, glow in the dark is super cool but sounds like garbage

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah damn good to know!
    Also, I edited my comment because I realized I asked the same damn thing yesterday.....work has fried my brain!

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

How Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer Teamed Up for the Biggest Rock Event of 2020

From this article:
    "It’s a healthy mix of the Blue Album and guitar shreddage, ’80s metal riffs -- our fun, extroverted side. We feel comfortable really going for it because, at the same time, we’re making another album [for 2020] called Okay Human, which so far has no guitars. It’s all piano-based and orchestrated -- the strings were recorded at Abbey Road. It’s very introverted and quirky."

chewbacca110, Rowan5215 and Fox83 like this.
  10. Hell yeah

although sometimes, when Rivers makes Blue Album comparisons, I wonder if he's actually heard the album lol

Zilla, ItsAndrew, Fox83 and 4 others like this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm very interested in a no-guitar Weezer album

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This made me laugh

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I am very, very in for these two records dropping in the same year. Feed us Rivers.

2020: The Year of the Weez

14. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Okay Human is either going to be the best Weezer album or the worst

ncarrab likes this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Riff reminds me of this.

16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think by comparing it to the Blue Album he just means they'll be catchy pop-rock songs haha

I'd actually say The End of the Game sounds closer to something on Green or Maladroit.

17. NotJonCryer

Enjoyed it but wasn't super excited about The End of the Game on the first listen but it's really growing on me now

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

beachdude, Rowan5215, Zilla and 3 others like this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I know he was an absolute legend in music but Weezer was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news

20. radiodead Sep 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2019)
    radiodead

Trusted

I think “Just What I Needed” is a top 10 all time song of mine. It’s deceptively genius. The urgency in his (Orr) voice, the production. It’s so special. Not to mention a ton of other great Cars songs. And of course The Blue Album. One of the first records I ever loved.

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Ric is without a doubt a legend. But I also think of when he was supposed to produce all of “Even If It Kills Me” for MCS and only did like six or seven songs because he’d love their bad takes and they thought he was fucking with them.

22. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

One of my favorite things about Weezer is their silly album covers.

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

not gonna lie this is what I'm really excited for, like imagine an album of them on their "Jacked Up" shit omg

even though I was really just hoping they'd double album us, "End of the Game" rules so it's all good

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man. every time they release an album i trick myself into thinking the old weezer will be back. this is no exception.

Aregala likes this.
  25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I've ranted about their recent quality upswing to my friend so much that the word "Weezaissance" is just saved in my phone autosave

I'm very happy about this fact

beachdude and Aaron Mook like this.