Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Van Weezer (May 7, 2021) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Sep 10, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Looks like they're on Kimmel tonight

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly the colors of an album cover matter to me more than the actual imagery, so like sure the actual cover is bad, but I still like it because I don't mind listening to an album set to those colors am I making sense probably not

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I actually like this

4. It’s going to get moved up, you can’t start a May rollout now.

Dirty Sanchez, radiodead and solxace like this.
  5. radiodead

Trusted

More reasonable would be to finish this record up, drop it in November/December. Finish up OK Human, and drop THAT in May for the tour.

solxace and irthesteve like this.
  6. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Pull a Van Halen circa 1984 and drop it on New Years Day 2020

Aaron Mook, solxace and irthesteve like this.
  7. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Listening to Black for the first time in a while. It's way better than I remember it being

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Is that actually something Van Halen did because honestly I really feel like this is what will happen now.

9. irthesteve

Everyone go listen to Van Halen's 1984 before Van Weezer drops, if you haven't already

10. irthesteve

wiki claims it was released Jan 9, 1984

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  11. Fox83

Trusted

1984 wasn't a surprise release that I'm aware of. VH was too big, and labels rarely pulled stunts like that back then.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think this is likely to happen.

13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I remember hearing David Lee Roth say they wanted it to be the first album released that year, and even though it was the 2nd week, I still think it was ultimately thee release everyone gave a shit about. I say Weezer targets New Years to be the first record to come out in the 20's!

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

This song is great!

I'm really tempted to pre order that glow in the dark vinyl

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  15. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

They were great on Kimmel. Awesome to see them rock out after a couple albums of not doing that haha.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I kind of want them to push it up just so they can release 3 albums in 2019 but at the same time I can wait lol. I really want to love it, I couldn't get into Black at ALL

17. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Wasn’t a big fan of black album, but this single sounds good. I’m in like an every other album kick for Weezer with the exception of blue/Pinkerton and ewbaite/white.

18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

19. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Black has been a grower for me. Some jams on there for sure.

20. chelsealouanne

Regular

Only Rivers would wear a shirt like that on national television! God love him.

21. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

It feels like Rivers has been itching to make big guitar music again for a while now and it makes me happy to see him shredding again.

22. Anthony_

While it is cool to see him shredding again, I don't know how much he's been itching to make big guitar music. He's the reason PD and Black sound the way they do, and he also wanted White to sound like those albums. Only reason why White sounds the way it does is because Jake Sinclair reined him in and pushed for a more classic Weezer sound. Wouldn't discount the possibility of this just being something he felt like doing randomly one day lol

dylan likes this.
  23. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

There’s an interview or something out there, I think from around Red or Rad, where I believe the lack of guitar solos was brought up and he said something along the lines of being able to shred, but not really liking how it sounds in general.

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Rivers is one of my favorite guitarists tbh

25. Anthony_

He's a great guitarist for sure. And they brought back the solos and stuff on EWBAITE and White. But it seemed like Rivers was in a totally different mindset than this for PD and Black. So I don't really know where this came from, other than he was getting random ideas while making those records and started talking about Van Weezer (and OK Human) in the run up to Black.