Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer/Pixies/Wombats Summer 2018 Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by neo506, Nov 2, 2017.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Definitely debating the LA date for this. I’ve seen Weezer and Pixies twice already, but tickets aren’t too bad ($30) and Weezer’s setlists for this tour have been pretty decent and include some Blue/Pink deep cuts. Looks fun

2. TMS2787

Trusted

I just gave Weezer’s setlist a gander and I’m happy with it. They are one of the very, very few bands that I’ve never seen live and it’s just about all I could hope for. I’m pretty sure minus the APMAS they haven’t played a show in Cleveland since 2005.

bachna84 likes this.
  3. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I just looked at the 6/27 setlist and yeah, it looks awesome!

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Correct. And it was a co-headliner with Foo Fighters. Awesome show.

bachna84 likes this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I just wish they’d play more songs. At this point of their career, and with how short much of their songs are, they should be upwards to 25-28 songs. To be honest, an 18 song set from a band on its 25th year charging $70 a seat, 18 songs (with 3 covers???) is kind of a slap in the face. Last I checked, they weren’t even touching EWBAITE, White Album and only 1 off PD. Kind of a shame.

You guys know me, I HATE Blossom and this set isn’t enough for me to lift my Blossom ban.

Drewski, JaytotheGee and bachna84 like this.
  6. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I'm a huge Weezer fan and have seen them fifteen times or so, but this is a huge gripe I have with them, too. Even though this is a co-headliner, they never play more than 21-22 songs. Also, this tour is way too expensive, especially for the really good seats.

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

No White Album is some bullshit

Ben Buchnat and chelsealouanne like this.
  8. sam_might_say

I didn’t even realize that until it was pointed out. That’s a big bummer because the White Album is SO GOOD

It’s also weird they aren’t playing more songs from Pacific Daydream since it seems like this is the tour to promote it

(I’m not about about THAT tho. It wasn’t my fave...)

9. TMS2787

Trusted

Sheesh.

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

Yeah, White Album is my favorite Weezer record behind Blue and Pinkerton, so that's a giant disappointment.

Drewski likes this.
  11. sam_might_say

SAME. Did you catch the Weezer/P!ATD co-headliner in 2016? They did a good bit of White on that tour. I guess they’re phasing the whole thing out

12. ALT/MSC/FAN

I didn't, unfortunately. It's funny, the summer before, the same exact package came to Chill on the Hill (Weezer, Panic, Andrew), and tickets sold out immediately for the actual tour when it came the summer after, so I had to skip it, though I would've LOVED to have gone.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah missing that Panic/Weezer/Andrew tour was a huge mistake

I will still have fun at this show as long as I find someone to drive me and I can drink a ton

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

I'm actually trying to do press for this show when it comes to Michigan for a show review. Really hoping I can get it figured out.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait, the Pixies are playing more songs than Weezer every night? According to setlist.fm Pixies have been between 22-23 songs every night and Weezer is 18-20???

16. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Well to be fair, Many of the pixies songs are under three minutes and Frank Black literally does almost no talking during a pixies set. Just song to song to song. Weezer’s songs are longer and their is def more banter from almost all of weezer throughout the set.

17. sam_might_say

Yeah, when Pixies headline on their own, they can play as many as 32 songs in their set

18. TMS2787

Trusted

People aren’t impressed with the setlists and venues but I’m personally looking forward to the show tonight. I’ve never seen Weezer and have only seen Pixies once, five years ago at Riot Fest. Plus i think tonight venue is beautiful. :shrug:

I was looking at setlists for this tour and I looked at Pixies one and saw it something like 40+ songs. I was confused but then I realized it was a headlining show. I was surprised to see they do 22 songs on this tour and then I realized how short most of their songs are pretty short.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

If my wife wasn't working tonight and I didn't have to watch the kids, I'd consider grabbing a last minute ticket to this. I'm willing to bet I (or anyone) could get a pavilion seat for cheap (there are many selling in the Facebook event page).

I hate Blossom with a passion, but I really miss seeing Weezer live. I haven't seen them in 13 years (saw them three times between 01-05) and the whole B-stage set seems cool and interesting

20. TMS2787

Trusted

I’ve seen a lot of lawn for sale and two pavilions. But with an upgrade… it’s cheap for Pavilion.

We. All. Know. you hate Blossom.

bachna84 and ncarrab like this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I need to stay on brand.

bachna84 likes this.
  22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm excited to go tonight!

23. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I side with @ncarrab on the Blossom hate

ncarrab likes this.
  24. ALT/MSC/FAN

Got approved for press for Friday!

noles05, marsvoltamcr and Cgarnsay like this.
  25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This show was hella fun. I paid $10 to upgrade into the pavilion and they gave me seats front in center directly behind the sound booth. The best part was rivers came and played two songs in the sound booth and I was directy in front. Best $10 IVe eve spent

chewbacca110 and JaytotheGee like this.