Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer/Pixies/Wombats Summer 2018 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by neo506, Nov 2, 2017.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

While I'm super stoked for this show, I always wish bands would play the Garden in Boston rather than the ampitheater an hour south.

2. TMS2787

Trusted

I was just saying that I expect this to be a voucher show come the early summer concert season…

3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Your voucher will be for a lawn ticket. These shows won't sell out, so you're fine waiting.

4. michael_gatto

Trusted

Weezer, Pixies AND The Wombats? What a stacked lineup! Count me in.

5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Wondering who the other band is... Not sure why'd they be holding it back, but maybe New Politics?

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Kim Deal got fired

7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

thats a shame.

8. TMS2787

Trusted

The Cleveland show is on Groupon, $15 for Lawn. I’m not sure if any other cities are on the local pages but thought I’d give everyone a heads up.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That's weird. Tickets haven't even officially gone on sale. Is that normal?

10. TMS2787 Nov 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

I don’t know. But they are on there for $15.

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Crazy. $15 for them. nice. Mansfield, MA is there too.... Im sure all the cities are.

12. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

In recent years, yes. Most summer Amphitheatre tours pop up on Groupon a day or two before the general public onsale

13. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Enormous fan who will never purposely see them again. Fwiw, I'm pretty sure she quit rather than get kicked out, but regardless without her there too much of the magic is gone. When an iconic member of the band quits, presumably because she isn't feeling the (largely shitty) new material, the illusion that their continued touring is anything but a cash grab disappears. And I'm rarely one to begrudge cash grabs, but pretty much everything the band has done this decade has worn away at their mystique and legacy and it bums me way out.

14. chelsealouanne

Regular

I'm VERY excited that I have my Karls Corner VIP for this, and will be in the pit in Toronto! =w=

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm jealous of this tour. All three are fantastic bands and that last Wombats album was brilliant. Wish this was coming to the UK.

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

This'll be a lot of fun. I've only gotten to see Weezer once, but they were incredibly fun - and Wombats were on that show too! I haven't gotten to see Pixies yet, so this'll be fun to cross them off at!

17. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

Sleigh Bells are the second band on this

[​IMG]

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Looks like Sleigh Bells and Wombats alternating

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

UGH I would SO much rather have Sleigh Bells. The Wombats are cool but I've been wanting to see Sleigh Bells for years.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Cleveland show - still about a month away - has more than 2,000 tickets available in the pavilion. That seems like a lot, considering the pavilion only holds about 5,700.

This show should have been at Nautica.

bachna84 likes this.
  21. m32137

Regular

I’m going to the Tampa show in a couple weeks and it has not sold well at all. Barely half of 10000 seated tickets sold.

22. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

The pavilion prices at Blossom have been ridiculous, even with lower-end prices on this one.

23. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I'm not surprised these shows aren't selling well, the tour was announced almost 8 full months before the first show. No one is buying Weezer or Pixies tickets 8 months in advance for amphitheater shows that have zero chance of selling out.

Drewski likes this.
  24. TMS2787

Trusted

I wish Sleigh Bells was opening here.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  25. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I really hope the prices for Camden drop, though I doubt they will. It's selling pretty well, especially compared to PNC.