Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer Performs on Fallon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. CMilliken

Trusted

Honestly the best I've heard that song sound live. Sounded really good.

3. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

The songs may sound different, but rivers has that distinct playing style that always keeps me coming back for more

4. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Weezer was my first favorite band. I've stuck with them through the dark times and good times alike for more 20 years. I've always given them a chance and have found something redeeming in every record. And their last two, I'd put right next to their early work; 'Everything' and 'White' may not be 'Blue' and 'Pinkerton' and 'Green,' but they're in the ballpark.

So all of that is to say I'm not a Weezer hater, or someone who writes them off for not writing 'Across the Sea' and 'Surfwax America' over and over again.

And now that I've said that, I will say this: this is their worst song ever. I can barely get through it at all. I mean, don't get me wrong - they sounded good here. But the song is just not a song that's enjoyable at all.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This can't be their worst song ever when Love is the Answer and In the Mall exist

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Kind of reminds me of the new Fall Out Boy song

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

This

Did you ever hear Sugar Ray's version of Love Is The Answer? I enjoy it lol. Rivers gave it to them before he recorded it.

8. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Both are songs that I absolutely hate from bands that I generally enjoy. I see the comparison.

I loved the last two Weezer albums, and this song hurts me to listen to. Oof.

And the last time I loved FOB was Folie a Deux (my favorite album from them!), so maybe I should just move on from them at this point.

9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Weezer toured with Panic! last summer; would it be ridiculous to think they might tour with FOB?

10. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Oh God I'd blocked that awful Mall song out of my memory.

I will say I don't hate 'Love Is the Answer' though.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Don't get the hate for this song at all. I think it's pretty awesome Summer song.

12. AshlandATeam

Trusted

You know, I love Weezer, so I'm sincerely glad people feel this way. I hope the song is huge for them - I really do. And I wish I could get into it, even if only as much as I do for 'Beverly Hills' or 'Can't Stop Partying' or whatever. It's just not doing it for me for some reason.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. Another electronic infused song that gets ruined live, much like Young And Menace. Still a pretty good song. I still think the delivery in the chorus has a huge Charli XCX feel, which makes sense because both worked together on her last full lenght.