Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Pacific Daydream (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 15, 2017.

1. mationation

I think God's a painter

love the verses. fun as hell and i'll take blunt, visual storytelling lyrics over abstract generic nonsense that occupies melodic lines in most pop bands.

butch's production really shines too.

haters gonna hate but i'm pumped for this

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

New single is good stuff

3. not bad

4. knstadin Aug 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 17, 2017)
    knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Not hatin on Butch.. but production-wise the chorus sounds really dull/muffled (hope i got the right words) I really loved the production of White Album. Do the comparison

Why Bother? likes this.
  5. btr

Trusted Supporter

Title of the thread should say "Daydream" instead of "Daylight"

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Thanks fixed

Aaron Mook and btr like this.
  7. bd007h Aug 17, 2017
    bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Does anyone know what image that album art is taken from? Saw someone on my facebook friends list post that exact image a couple weeks in a completely unrelated context without the text or chinese lettering.

8. Fox83

Trusted

The bridge elevates this song tremendously.

radiodead and Why Bother? like this.
  9. mationation

I think God's a painter

check the version on spotify, it sounds much better.

but regardless i just love how butch's production teeters between pop shine and old school rock n roll in general, and i think it works great here. just a preference. tho i really liked the sound of the white album too

and people are free to criticize what they want obviously but i was just pointing towards that there will always be a faction of weezer fans just salivating to turn on this band

knstadin likes this.
  10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I kind of like that this is coming out in October; the idea of someone still trying to hold onto summer and continue riding that high

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yupp haha

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damn this band has been on quite a roll lately. I almost wrote them off completely after the Make Believe-Red-Raditude-Hurley stretch, but damn did I love EWBAITE and White. Really like Mexican Fender, so I have high hopes for this.

13. I'm guessing since it's never not summer in Southern California and that's where they're based it makes no difference to them?

14. radiodead Aug 17, 2017
    radiodead

Trusted

This is a good single. I like the verses. That's Rivers for ya. Being doing that for decades.

Also, 10 tracks. Love the restraint.

Edit: Just went back and looked, every Weezer album is 10 tracks except Maladroit and Make Believe and EWBAITE

15. radiodead

Trusted

And the chorus to "Feels Like Summer" still rips

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

can confirm.

17. Yeah, not a huge fan of those verses but the chorus and bridge are nice. Especially love this new version of "Feels Like Summer." Weezer have gone pop before, but I guess more than anything, this just sounds more effortless/comfortable than much of The Red Album or Raditude to me. It leans into the pop thing without sacrificing their signature sound. Still cautious, but I'm on board.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  18. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Haha I'm actually a fan of the verses and the bridge is sweet I just wish it lasted longer.

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

these verses are good what are ya'll talking about

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  20. clockwise

Where's this new version of Feels Like Summer at?

21. clockwise

Where's this new version of Feels Like Summer at?

Double posted cuz I really wanna know lol

22. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I think it's on Apple Music now. Haven't listened to the original release enough to hear any difference. I like the song more than I did 6 months ago. Having Butch be a part of it does help (and I'm notorious for being a Weezer apologist, lol)

23. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Anyone?

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this is definitely a Weezer song haha, the verses don't bug me, it's always hard to decipher whether Rivers' lyrics are brilliant or awful

25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I reeeeeeeeeally dislike both of these songs.

Jim likes this.