Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Pacific Daydream (October 27, 2017) Album • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 15, 2017.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Weird, Feels Like Summer seemed to be a bigger hit than anything on White but I guess bigger Weezer fans didn't like the album and casual fans weren't going to make the difference in sales

radiodead and cherrywaves like this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Pinkerton
    White
    EWBAITE
    Blue
    Maladroit
    Green
    Hurley
    Pacific Daydream
    Make Believe
    Red
    Raditude

i think that would be my ranking? idk. something like that. i do like them all to a certain degree i guess.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Probably would have done a lot better if they had released the album two months earlier.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Blue
    Pinkerton
    White
    Green
    EWBAITE
    Red
    Maladroit
    Pacific Daydream
    Hurley
    Make Believe
    Raditude

5. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Not nearly as good as the White album, but there's some songs here that I'll throw in my regular mix

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Pink(erton)
    Blue
    White
    EWBAITE
    Maladroit
    Green
    Pacific
    Hurley
    Red
    Make Believe
    Raditude

I don’t hate this album at all. It’s just not what I wanted from Weezer, at all. It’s really not terrible for the most part (Beach Boys heavily excluded, easily their worst song since Where’s My Sex). I really hope that Black is a more serious effort.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This will probably be a super unpopular opinion.

Green (Sparked my love for this band)
    Maladroit (Love everything about album!)
    Blue (Garage....thanks to that and Buddy Holly, I wouldn't have checked this album out as a kid)
    Pink (Took years for me to appreciate it. Once I did, it clicked)
    Pacific (Only over White right now bc I enjoy this album more front to back and enjoyed it a lot on first listen)
    White (Took awhile to grow me aside from CA Kids, Good Thing, Get High, King of the World and Summer Elaine)
    ETWBAITE (This was higher but I lost interest as it aged)
    Raditude (This was a fun album to have in college. Ranked here bc of nostalgia)
    Hurley (Grew on me and I like about half the album)
    Make Believe (Not last bc Perfect Situation is on this album)
    Red (I'll never forget being so disappointed while listening to the rest of this album when it was released)

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The first half and second half of Red album actually sound like different bands. It's cute the other members got to sing, but it really doesn't quite work. If the quality of the first half of the album carried over, it would be way more favorable of an album

manoverboard365 likes this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Red would actually be pretty damn good if the 4 bonus tracks replaced the 4 weakest

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Aside from Pork and Beans (still an all-time great Weezer track) the second half is way better than the first, tho.

11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Did anyone ever hear Brian Bell's album? The version of Thought I Knew is much better on there

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  12. irthesteve

In no world is that true

13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Second half of Red is tough, but “Automatic” is a jam, I don’t care what y’all say

14. irthesteve

Automatic is definitely fun, but I do think I'd like it a ton more with Rivers singing, sorry Pat!!

15. wearethedead

missing out

I actually have tried that running order and you're right - it works so damn well

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

If this was the tracklist Red would've been a top Weezer album

1) Troublemaker
    2) Greatest Man
    3) Pork & Beans
    4) Heart Songs
    5) Dreamin'
    6) Miss Sweeney
    7) King
    8) The Spider
    9) Cold Dark World
    10) The Angel and the One

irthesteve and JRGComedy like this.
  17. "Everybody Get Dangerous" is still worse than any of the songs the other members sing. Red is an interesting experiment, but the other members singing is not the primary reason it's a bad album. It's a bad album because most of its songs are bad, interesting or not.

Anthony_, slimfenix182 and Owlex like this.
  18. Woah, surprised to see Blue at #4 (not that it's a particularly low placement or anything)

19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

It’s kind of overrated to me. Like I get why it’s so beloved but it just doesn’t resonate with me all that much and some of the songwriting is just kind of bleh at points but it’s still by and large a good album. I just think White did everything Blue did but better.

20. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Blue
    White
    Pinkerton
    Everything Will Be Alright
    Maladroit
    Green
    Pacific Daydream
    Make Believe
    Hurley
    Raditude
    Red

Have gone through most of these recently, Red is worse than I remembered it honestly. I think "Angel and The One" is the only great song, though "Pork and Beans" and "Dreamin'" are alright

Aaron Mook and JRGComedy like this.
  21. irthesteve

But there's like, 15 bonus tracks, which 4?

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Ah right, I thought the official 4 were Pig, Miss Sweeney, The Spider and King

irthesteve likes this.
  23. cherrywaves

Trusted

Nearly ten years later, I’m still not sure if I like Red or if I hate it

irthesteve likes this.
  24. irthesteve

I guess most the others are covers, now that I think about it

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'm trying this track listing. I've always wanted to like songs from this album more. I'll see if this helps me reach that goal.

manoverboard365 likes this.