Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - OK Human (January 29, 2021) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Now I'm just in multiple Weezer threads vouching for the same records lol

bd007h, beachdude, Aregala and 8 others like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Pinkerton is their best and will always be their best

SpyKi, abcdefg123, beachdude and 3 others like this.
  3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

idk bro have you heard death to false metal???

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

5. Black album is okay but high as a kite is god tier weezer

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

drewwwww whyyyyy

Drew Beringer likes this.
  7. It’s a top 10 Weezer song for me

8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

beachdude and JRGComedy like this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

True statement

10. Calling Pacific Daydream and Black Album "unlistenable" is silly, "Happy Hour," "QB blitz," and "Byzantine" would all like a word

Rowan5215 likes this.
  11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

plus "I'm Just Being Honest" and "Any Friend of Diane's" are bops. but yeah you could definitely combine the best of both albums into one stonker

Pseudo! likes this.
  12. tomdelonge

Trusted

I love all the songs on this playlist

i really didnt like pacific daydream until i really really liked it. a couple times summer i listened to it while i took streets from the beach to downtown at night and it was real dreamy

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I wrote a poem

Sometimes
    I Wonder.

Why Do I?
    Enter

New

Weezer

Threads?

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Such a short rollout doesn't feel on brand for Weezer at all lol but it would be cool if it was true

beachdude, solxace and Aaron Mook like this.
  15. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues

PD is bad but I like Mexican Fender and Weekend Woman, the latter especially. Any song that reworks something they wrote 20 years ago is generally gonna get a pass from me, either out of nostalgia or just Rivers being that good then.

Cautiously optimistic about this, it's probably going to be bad but the demo releases made me believe Rivers can still write good songs and just chooses to release bad ones so we'll see.

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This is true, what if 1/29 is just the first single and the album comes out in like six months and then Van Weezer comes out in like 2023?

beachdude, Aaron Mook and bd007h like this.
  17. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Sounds more reasonable haha

18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I’m going to take one for the team and listen to their entire discography today while working. I’ll report back how much I hate Raditude later.

Pseudo! and bd007h like this.
  19. ryhhno

As someone who doesn't follow Weezer THAT closely but still love them, this was a total shock and I am here for it.

smowashere likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

might do the same. i think i’m hitting the point of the solo beatles discography where continuing is untenable

irthesteve and bd007h like this.
  21. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

The White Album is their third classic record, and if Ecce Homo came out instead of EWBAITE I believe it would be right up there.

PD and Black both have some really cool songs on them. Far better than Red, Raditude or Hurley imo.

xburningcoffin likes this.
  22. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

PD was my go-to when I was attempting to get quick workouts in at the gym. Many, many moons ago. Lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Feel like Pacific Daydream parallels Make Believe in a lot of ways, I grew up on MB and really came around to appreciate PD but wouldn't be surprised if the same people who dislike one dislike the other as well. Not sure if that makes sense. Both I think are a little more authentic than they get credit for and are dismissed for grabbing at a certain kind of mainstream radio sound at the time they were released.

Pseudo! and solxace like this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I have zero problems with PD. I think it's great front to back.

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This was me too. One day I had Weekend Woman stuck in my head and upon revisit, the album clicked