Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer Announce New Album; Share New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Not feeling this one

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Haven’t listened to it yet but I am feeling that title

4. DooDooBird

Trusted

Weezer is jumping the shark again. Thought they rebounded nicely with their recent albums. Now they’re back to their Red/Raditude/Hurley bullshit.

Walkabout and mattylikesfilms like this.
  5. The Format

Regular

Yep.

I'll still listen to it though

CMilliken likes this.
  6. ioev

I'm a kid I'm a squid

I feel like throwing a loud "HEY!" somewhere into a song is the new "Warp Voice".

Also realizing that I think I might have made up the term "warp voice", but I'm referring to an auto-tuned super high/low voice sample that you'd hear in basically every song (usually right at the beginning) for the last year and a bit. A very specific example would be the beginning of "Don't Speak to Me" by Andrew McMahon, that sort of thing. I honestly can't think of any song that I like better because of it. The same applies to songs that just throw in a "HEY!", I notice it and it just really bugs me for some reason.

7. MacbethSin

Regular

Loving it, beautiful mix of chill and hype vibes in the same pop song

AshlandATeam and CMilliken like this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

Dig both songs. Preordered it on vinyl cause I’ve honestly found enjoyment out of all their releases. I’m not hard to please when it comes to Weezer.

solxace and AshlandATeam like this.
  9. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Enjoyed what i listened to out of their last few releases but this is awful

10. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

What the hell is this

11. mattylikesfilms Nov 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2018)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It’s almost impressive how shitty Weezer can get after releasing a solid album. Thought The White Album had some great tunes but this is just trash. Why Rivers whyyyyyyyyy?!

Edit: totally forgot they released Pacific Daydream- another shit record.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Perfectly said.

13. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

0/2

14. solxace

oh word?

It’s great

AshlandATeam likes this.
  15. ineverlose

Sometimes Weezer is my kind of Weezer, and sometimes they're not. This is not my kind of Weezer.

DooDooBird likes this.
  16. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

What the fuck happened Rivers? You were back on track with EWBAITE and White, even some off pacific daydream I really enjoyed. But this... no..

DooDooBird likes this.
  17. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I picked up Everything... on vinyl for cheap the other day. I’d forgotten how solid that one was. Been another downhill slide since then.

18. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

I always find I forget how good it is until I come back. Definitely their best in years for me, easily.

I actually got White on vinyl myself the a couple years back, but I'd prefer EWBAITE if I'm 100% honest.

It's really disappointing I'm now back to being skeptical with this band.