Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer – Weezer (The White Album) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Just want to thank everybody again for checking this review out and continually supporting my writing by reading anything I've written on AP and now here. I'm very lucky and proud to have a platform like this and such a great community to discuss music with. It still trips me out to think about sometimes and it means a lot to my family as well, so cheers :beer:

Glad people are enjoying this record!

JRGComedy, ALT/MSC/FAN and fluxyjoe like this.
  2. Either works. Really. I have no preference. Both is best! ;-p

3. hallowblue

There's a monster under all this tulle;

I can't stop gushing about how surprisingly good this album is....

CMilliken and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I give it 9.1846134312353022212232211/10

CMilliken and hallowblue like this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Can't wait to use that "Stay Away" tag. Is there a new Maroon 5 album coming out soon?

I think of the five or so reviews I've brought over here so far, all of them were Highly Recommended. Whoops.

Dirty Sanchez and Aaron Mook like this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Anyway, I didn't get to read this last week Aaron because I was super busy, so I'm glad it got reposted over here. This might be your best review that I've read. I also share your soft spot for Make Believe.

CMilliken and Aaron Mook like this.
  7. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

I still have really mixed feelings about this album. The great songs are so good, but there are some others that aren't doing nothing for me. Maybe they'll grow on me.

Right now, this is is inferior to EWBAITE but better than anything released during the Weezer Dark Ages.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. Thanks so much Craig! That really means a lot.

9. Out of curiosity, which songs would you say do nothing for you?

10. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

I think it's these 3:

(Girl We Got a) Good Thing
    Summer Elaine and Drunk Doris
    Jacked Up

Come to think about it, 7 great tracks out of a 10 track album is pretty great haha

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. Aaron Mook Apr 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2016)
    Aw man, "(Girl We Got a) Good Thing" is so good, haha. I've really come around to "Summer Elaine and Drunk Doris," too. I enjoy the lyrics there as well as the "Lithium"-esque guitar riff.

"Jacked Up" doesn't do much for me either, though.

Guilherme Brandao likes this.
  12. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

haha... I still need to listen more to this album, I've been listening a lot to the new Explosions in the Sky and the new O'Brother albums this week.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Currently the "score" is that green color. First impressions is pink. I think "BNM" (if we use it) is blue. I have in my notes to have the green in the score slowly get more muted as the recommendation gets less strong, but that's not part of the 1.0 of the site.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. hallowblue

Man, I've really been digging Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori and Jacked up.
    I really don't like (Girl We Got a) Good Thing. - California Kids does nothing for me either.

Guilherme Brandao likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It baffles me On how much hatred there is for Make Believe. Personally, it's my 3rd favorite Weezer album. Glad to see some others enjoyed it as well.

16. hallowblue

Perfect Situation is one of my favorite songs of all time.

17. CMilliken

Trusted

Way too low! Should have gotten at least a 9.2.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. Aw, I'll be honest, I was hoping the "score" badges would be more easily differentiable. I can understand why not, for consistency, but it'd be fun if terrible albums were clearly terrible in their score badges.

19. Haha, well, my thought was like bright green green yellow redish red.

Aaron Mook and perceptrons like this.
  20. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Two really good Weezer albums in a row. Red, Raditude, and Hurley had me worried, but they're back! :-)

21. efp722

Regular

I love this record

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  22. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Holy crap this album surprised me. I love it.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  23. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

This album is fantastic, definitely my favorite release from them in quite some time. The album as a whole just feels "complete."

RileyWitiw likes this.
  24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Debuted at No. 4 on the new Billboard 200, with just over 49,000 units moved (45,000 pure sales).

Aaron Mook likes this.