Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Underoath Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jan 26, 2019.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

#1 LITSOS
    #2 DTGL
    #3 TOCS

i haven't listened to the rest. i'll check out Disambiguation and Erase Me later today.

Essie and Davjs like this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

Both are so different from each other, and the other three you have heard, so report back with what you thought!

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

LITSOS
    DTGL
    TOCS
    DISAM.

I haven't listened to Changing in at least 10 years, probably more, and I never even heard of the other one.

4. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

5. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Man you have impeccable taste all around homie!

And I agree ao much on TOCS. Aside from "A Boy Brushed Red..." for the funnies everything on there is so cringe.

Jake W likes this.
  6. DesolateEarth

Birb

I still dig a few of the songs off TOCS. Mainly the ones that meant a lot to me when I was younger (Boy Brushed Red, Reinventing Your Exit, and Dangerous Business).

As a whole, the album aged poorly in my opinion but those three are still bangers.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

Hot take: Boy Brushed Red fucking sucks

Essie, trevorshmevor and Jake W like this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i don’t think any song on that record sucks but my hot take is reinventing is easily the suckiest. The heavy and pop don’t mesh well at all.

9. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I remember someone on AbsolutePunk mocking TOCS as “TBS with breakdowns”. Can’t deny the album’s influence, but yeah, it’s aged about as poorly as Tell All Your Friends at this point.

10. Lazarus

Drummer

Disambiguation and it’s not even remotely close

Essie, Jbent and Joe4th like this.
  11. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Define the Great Line for me, but I feel like I need to revisit Lost in the Sound of Separation and Disambiguation. Been quite a while since I've listened to either of them. And even though I still enjoy elements of They're Only Chasing Safety I have to agree that that album doesn't hold up nearly as well as I would have hoped.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. himynameisdakota

Regular

Being a Tampa native and seeing them grow over the years DTGL still holds a very special place for me but Disambiguation is up there. I’ve learned to really appreciate LITSOS but I rarely return to TOCS.

Essie likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

1.DTGL
    2.TOCS (only because I enjoy more songs on it than LITSOS, but LITSOS admittedly has one or two songs better than the entirety of TOCS)
    3. LITSOS
    4. Erase Me
    5. Disambiguation (back and forth between this being above Erase Me, hard choice)

Couldn't care less about the others

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Not a fan of Beartooth, but this surprise UnderOath performance around 4:38 is perfection. Gotta love The Blue Note starting to play and nobody in the crowd recognizing it

15. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

For me it's:

1. LITSOS
    2. Disambiguation
    3. Erase Me
    4. Define The Great Line
    5. They're Only Chasing Safety
    6. The Changing of Times
    7. Act of Depression
    8. Cries of the Past

Davjs likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

Switch DTGL and Disambiguation and that is my list!

DesolateEarth likes this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

Never knew anything about Beartooth other than that they exist. They sounded good here though, I may check them out. Thanks for sharing, that was really cool!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. DesolateEarth

Birb

Same.

Davjs likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

yay for the Erase Me love!

disambigujason likes this.
  20. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

They got progressively better up to Ø. That record and LITSOS are amazing. Still need to get around to Erase Me

Essie and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  21. Orla

Forgot to mention that I’m glad TOCS exists because if we didn’t have “It’s Dangerous Business...” there wouldn’t be “P.O.S. Is Ruining My Life” as we know it, and the world is undoubtedly a better place with that song.

Henry likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Really hoping he does that when I see him tomorrow night.

Essie likes this.
  23. Orla

Hopefully! He closed his set in Chicago last night with it!

Henry likes this.