Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Underoath Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Define The Great Line is such a complete album from beginning to end, and having Adam D (from Killswitch Engage) on production duties was clutch

2. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Agreed. I still love Erase Me but I was hoping the next album after Disambiguation was would be more experimental. DTGL is my favorite but LITSOS and Disambiguation are both incredible.

3. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

I would switch 2 and 3 but completely agree! Paper Lung might be my favorite song, outside of Casting Such a Thin Shadow.

Essie and Mason like this.
  4. acidtrapgiraffe

honestly love them all so much except new album. not bad, i understand the evolution of the band for the album but i just couldn’t get into Erase Me. i went with TOCS cuz it’s just always had an important standing in my life, still does today as i always listen to it. but overall i’d have to say: TOCS > DTGL > LITSOS > Ø > whatever else

5. I spent a while saying Disambiguation was my favorite, but after revisiting their whole discography in anticipation of Erase Me, I'd be lying to say my favorite isn't DTGL. At this point, I'd probably go DTGL > Disambiguation > Erase Me, with the other all being albums I don't really listen to.

But...to be fair, I also spent many years saying I hated TOCS, and when I revisited that one nearly a year ago, IT TOOK ME BACK. I haven't gone back since, but it was a blast. Makes me wanna go through all those albums again, haha

Essie likes this.
  6. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

I used to never listen to TOCS and I started listening again before Erase Me. I fell in love with it! I just always preferred the heavier UO albums.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. Orla Jan 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2019)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Disambiguation, followed closely by DTGL.

I’ve gotta add, the mixing and mastering DTGL is fucking superb. One of my all-time favourite-sounding records.

Petit nain des Îles and Jbent like this.
  8. I dunno if DTGL is their “best”, but it’s my favorite for sure. Not gonna deny the importance of TOCS in their career, but man, DTGL was some other shit. I like the records that followed it, but they just didn’t connect with me in that same way.

9. Basically this

reachingfor likes this.
  10. TOCS then Lost in The Sound.

11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Bingo

nl5011, Essie and Joe4th like this.
  12. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

The thing about Disambiguation is that everyone kills on their instruments, some of the grooviest rhythm work in the genre. Daniel Davidson’s best performance imo. I love all the albums before, but this one always sticks out as something different.

13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I feel like LITSOS sounded much like DTGL and TOCS so never went back to it

14. Jbent

Trusted

3 Erase Me votes...interesting.

Larry David likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

It's a great album.

16. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Lost in the Sound is #2

17. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Honestly, has to be Disambiguation for me. I do like Aaron's vocals but shit y'all, Spencer held it down on that album and showed himself to be, in my opinion, a far superior vocalist to Aaron...

Honestly though, second choice for me at this point would have to be Erase Me...

ChaseTx, Jbent and nl5011 like this.
  18. I’m still recovering from the whiplash of fucking with Erase Me really hard for like 5-6 weeks and then extremely not fucking with it ever since. Hard pressed to think of a record that’s fallen off anywhere near that heavily for me in a very long time

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

LITSOS. No question

20. Disambiguation by far, it felt like their entire career had been building to that record, and it's a shame it wasn't received that well by the fanbase at the time. Praying for some anniversary shows, though it'll never happen.

ChaseTx, skoopy, Jbent and 4 others like this.
  21. Jake W Jan 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 29, 2019)
    Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Disambiguation by far

Disambiguation >>> LITS > DTGL > Everything else

Still really enjoy Disambiguation and LITS after all these years. DTGL hasn't held up like those two, but I still enjoy it somewhat for nostalgic reasons.
    Even Nostalgia can't make me enjoy TOCS anymore(but tbh I think that about a lot of post-hardcore albums that I liked back then)

22. bodkins

Trusted

LITSOS for sure. DTGL #2.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Lost in the Sound 100%

24. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

They’re Only Chasing Safety. It was the first “heavy” music I ever listened to. Define the Great Line is my number two.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I might listen to them today...

Davjs likes this.