Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Underoath Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jan 26, 2019.

?

drowning in my sleeeeeep

1. Act of Depression

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cries of the Past

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Changing of Times

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  4. They're Only Chasing Safety

38 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. Define the Great Line

56 vote(s)
    35.0%
  6. Lost in the Sound of Separation

42 vote(s)
    26.3%
  7. Ø (Disambiguation)

19 vote(s)
    11.9%
  8. Erase Me

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Really curious to see where this one lands.

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Easily DTGL.

RyanPm40 and InExile like this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Define the Great Line is the only one I really love.

RyanPm40 and amorningofsleep like this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I love both dtgl and litsos but litsos is a more enjoyable experience from first to last track. tocs is good for nostalgia.

5. DesolateEarth

Birb

LITSOS with DTGL in second place

Davjs likes this.
  6. Jbent

Trusted

Tough choice between disambiguation, lost in the sound and define. I went with disambiguation because I think it's the better album start to finish. Lost in the sound and define hits certain highs but I think recording an album without Aaron was the best thing this band has done.

Petit nain des Îles, Essie and Davjs like this.
  7. DesolateEarth

Birb

Erase Me is my number 3 at this point and I think the hate for it is very unwarranted.

8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Lost In Da Sound

9. skoopy

Regular

^correcto

Larry David likes this.
  10. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Tough call, Disambiguation is the one I like most now, but DTGL meant the most to me when I was a kid. I went Disambiguation, I like dark and heavy Underoath.

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Disambiguation. Still annoyed they went from sounding like that to Erase Me

Jake W, ChaseTx, Lazarus and 6 others like this.
  12. DeRRek

Trusted

Has to be TOCS for me. However I do love DTGL and LITSOS. Was close between TCOS and DTGL. I love the new album as well but not enough to be no.1.

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

Define the Great Line > Disambiguation > They're Only Chasing Safety > Lost in the Sound of Separation > Erase Me > The Changing of Times > Cries of the Past > Act of Depression

One of my favorite bands ever still. Only ones I might switch are TOCS and LitSOS, depending on my mood. And I still love Erase Me.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

IF we were to rate only 'When the Sun Sleeps' instead of the entire Changing of Times album, it would be much higher because that song smacks.

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

DTGL is my favorite album of all time but the rest all fall depending on mood. TOCS is in a weird spot bc while its the obvious nostalgia choice, its still imo the cream of the crop of that genre/sound.

DeRRek likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

For me it’s:

Disambiguation > Define The Great Line > Erase Me > Lost in the Sound of Separation > They’re Only Chasing Safety

Essie likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

TOCS is definitely the best for sing-alongs

disambigujason likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

The one that has their best songs: A Fault Line, Emergency Broadcast, The Only Survivor and Desperate Times!

BradBradley likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Admittedly, I stopped listening to them after TOCS. I know people are going to say DUDE LISTEN TO THIS, but I've grown out of their sound and won't. lol

20. Davjs

Trusted

Dude, listen to THIS!

21. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

LITSOS is not only my favorite UO record but one of my favorite post-hardcore records of the 2000s. Not sure why but I never really connected with DTGL like I did with LITSOS.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  22. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

DTGL for me, with LITSOS a close second.

23. allastud

Regular

DTGL

24. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

My thoughts exactly. I thought they got so much better without Aaron there.

25. Mason

Regular

DTGL is my number one.
    2. LITSOS/TOCS pretty close tie for second. Depends on mood, but I think LITSOS is a better album instrumentally.
    3. Erase Me - While I still don't love the new direction, this album grew on me a lot more than I thought it would. But not even close to surpassing DTGL, LITOS or TOCS.
    4. Ø For some reason I just never clicked with this album outside a few stand out tracks.
    5. The Changing of Times - use to be into this album when TOCS came out, but now I just can't stand the vocals.
    6. Cries of the Past - I liked the ending song. Hard to even put this as a UO album, since they don't consider it one and it doesn't sound anything like them.
    7. Act of Depression - Not good.