Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jan 26, 2019.
Really curious to see where this one lands.
Define the Great Line is the only one I really love.
I love both dtgl and litsos but litsos is a more enjoyable experience from first to last track. tocs is good for nostalgia.
LITSOS with DTGL in second place
Tough choice between disambiguation, lost in the sound and define. I went with disambiguation because I think it's the better album start to finish. Lost in the sound and define hits certain highs but I think recording an album without Aaron was the best thing this band has done.
Erase Me is my number 3 at this point and I think the hate for it is very unwarranted.
Lost In Da Sound
Tough call, Disambiguation is the one I like most now, but DTGL meant the most to me when I was a kid. I went Disambiguation, I like dark and heavy Underoath.
Disambiguation. Still annoyed they went from sounding like that to Erase Me
Has to be TOCS for me. However I do love DTGL and LITSOS. Was close between TCOS and DTGL. I love the new album as well but not enough to be no.1.
Define the Great Line > Disambiguation > They're Only Chasing Safety > Lost in the Sound of Separation > Erase Me > The Changing of Times > Cries of the Past > Act of Depression
One of my favorite bands ever still. Only ones I might switch are TOCS and LitSOS, depending on my mood. And I still love Erase Me.
IF we were to rate only 'When the Sun Sleeps' instead of the entire Changing of Times album, it would be much higher because that song smacks.
DTGL is my favorite album of all time but the rest all fall depending on mood. TOCS is in a weird spot bc while its the obvious nostalgia choice, its still imo the cream of the crop of that genre/sound.
For me it’s:
Disambiguation > Define The Great Line > Erase Me > Lost in the Sound of Separation > They’re Only Chasing Safety
TOCS is definitely the best for sing-alongs
The one that has their best songs: A Fault Line, Emergency Broadcast, The Only Survivor and Desperate Times!
Admittedly, I stopped listening to them after TOCS. I know people are going to say DUDE LISTEN TO THIS, but I've grown out of their sound and won't. lol
Dude, listen to THIS!
LITSOS is not only my favorite UO record but one of my favorite post-hardcore records of the 2000s. Not sure why but I never really connected with DTGL like I did with LITSOS.
DTGL for me, with LITSOS a close second.
My thoughts exactly. I thought they got so much better without Aaron there.
DTGL is my number one.
2. LITSOS/TOCS pretty close tie for second. Depends on mood, but I think LITSOS is a better album instrumentally.
3. Erase Me - While I still don't love the new direction, this album grew on me a lot more than I thought it would. But not even close to surpassing DTGL, LITOS or TOCS.
4. Ø For some reason I just never clicked with this album outside a few stand out tracks.
5. The Changing of Times - use to be into this album when TOCS came out, but now I just can't stand the vocals.
6. Cries of the Past - I liked the ending song. Hard to even put this as a UO album, since they don't consider it one and it doesn't sound anything like them.
7. Act of Depression - Not good.