Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite The Menzingers Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Darth76

The menzingers have been that band for me that always releases exactly what i need at exactly the right time. I don't think any album has hit me as hard as OTIP when it first came out. I love the HE singles and am so stoked for Friday.

Album Rankings:
    On the Impossible Past
    After the Party
    Rented World
    Chamberlain Waits
    Lesson in Abuse

Top 10 songs:
    1. Gates
    2. Lookers
    3. Casey
    4. After the Party
    5. Black Mass
    6. Ava House
    7. Good Things
    8. Your Wild Years
    9. Sculptors and Vandals
    10. Midwestern States

333 GANG and Steeeve Perry like this.
  2. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Love the inclusion of Black Mass, my wife's favourite Menzingers song along with Midwestern States

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, I don't love any of those songs either. But the album as a whole just has more high points for me, and resonates more thematically. They're both great, though. No big gripes with either.

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I love Charlie’s Army and The Bars

waking season likes this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve said it before but Charlie’s Army makes me picture Charlie Kelly and an army of rats and for that I will always love it. It’s also just a really good song.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  6. ImAMetaphor

I’ve constructed a very cheesy music video for it in my head that is very 1950s so that boosts my enjoyment

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Charlie's army is one of my favourites on ATP

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Charlies Army is a banger and I love The bars as well

9. Dog Fish

Mutt

I didn't pay attention to them until ATP. Dove into the rest of their discography, and while ATP sticks out as strongest, for some reason the 'i've tried running i've tried hiding...' part from Rodent is stuck in my head more than any song i've heard from them. And i've only listened through that album like 3x.

10. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Rented World was probably my most-listened to album in 2014 by a wide margin. It was a tough time in my personal life, and I have vivid memories with that album as a comforting appendage for me during those hardships. It’s still my least favorite from CW to ATP, however that run of albums (and safe to assume Hello Exile will be on par with the others) is, at least in my estimation, one of the best full-length LP streaks we’ve seen round these parts.

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Rented World got me into them. Still my favorite after digging through the rest of the discog.

12. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I was expecting this to be some sort of weird RW love fest and I’m super glad it’s not. That album blows goats.

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

RW is great ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. ImAMetaphor

Uh yeah I mean it’s my favorite album by them but it’s still extremely good