Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite The Front Bottoms Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Oct 3, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Back on Top and it's not even close

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't like Peach much, but Santa Monica is fun and I loooove Everything I Own. I just think Boredom, Legit Tattoo Gun, and Hooped Earings are kind of forgettable, but I also mean that literally (I can't remember how they sound). Probably if I heard them I'd take it back.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really don't get why there is soooo much BOT love though. Idk it's a transition album for me. They tried a new sound that worked, but I think they perfected it on GG.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Legit Tattoo Gun is so good!

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Legit Tattoo Gun is a top 5 song from this band.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok I am listening now and fine I retract that. Really I just have never been able to associate this song's name to the song itself, so I never remember which one it is. I wouldn't say top 5 but it is top half lol

Ok I'd say that ST, Talon of the Hawk, and GG are all basically tied this band rules!

JaytotheGee and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

S/T is their essential release but BOT is probably better. Going Grey is a dip in quality but Don't Fill Up on Chips still rules

8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

man now all I want is new TFB goddamnit

9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

even though i said back on top, "bae" is in my head constantly

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Back on Top is perfect Front Bottoms. Their older stuff still hits hard. Nothing like being in a room full of thousands of people singing along to The Beers.

Back on Top
    Talon of the Hawk
    The Front Bottoms
    Going Grey

SamLevi11 likes this.
  11. irthesteve

Definitely disagree with this. For me, BOT is where they really became something that stood out and the album was the first rock album in a while that WOW'd me in a new way. It honestly gives me the same feeling that Is A Real Boy gave me around when it came out. It's extremely diverse, you can tell the band really put all their energy into it. They take a lot of risks and the all pan out.

To me, Going Grey feels like a step back from everything that excites me about BOT. It's way less diverse, vocally there isn't as much energy. I know it isn't "phoned in" but there's definitely a lot of the album that feels a bit cruise control versus pushing themselves.

smoke4thecaper and OhTheWater like this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah as long as we can agree that The Beers is the best

But singing in a room full of people I'd say Twin Size Mattress ending might top it slightly

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wild that Talon has more votes than the S/T. I remember people haaaating it when it came out on AP

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This is so funny to me, because while I love Back on Top, to me it’s the album where they started sounding a little less unique and a little more “like everyone else”.

15. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Back on Top still fucks, and is an easy #1 pick for me

16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

if I ever get to see these guys live I know Twin Size Mattress will kill me

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I remember when there used to be things we agreed on lol

Just kidding but I mean I get your argument to an extent. BOT was definitely a risk that paid off. But I think they already sounded very unique before that. I truly love all their albums so it's not like I don't like BOT.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

If FBR had pushed BoT more, there are at least 4 potential “hits” on there that could have propelled them to new heights. Agree with Steve on GG: it just feels like there’s less energy across the board, and it doesn’t quite live up to what BoT started.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If anyone has suggestions for future polls, I'd love to hear them. Older polls were mostly stuff I listened to a lot and I neglected tons of bands. I'm perfectly open to any and all suggestions.

20. irthesteve

Everyone else? Like who?

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

quoting this bc it's incredibly correct. four perfect songs in a row

irthesteve and Drewski like this.
  22. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

A good point. There’s no direct comparison. Idk, I just remember always describing the first album as “acoustic dance punk” and Back on Top felt like instead I would call them a “rock band”. You could argue the same thing about Talon really, they just went from a more lo-fi sound on Talon to a polished one on Back on Top.

Again, not a bad thing! They’ve certainly improved as a band over time. They haven’t lost their charm, but their brand of charm has changed a bit.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Back on top for me and then honestly probably Going Grey after that

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Finally someone with some taste

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Back on Top easily but they're all pretty close because this band means quite a lot to me