Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite The Dear Hunter Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Nov 13, 2020.

?

In the heat of the niiiiight

1. Act I: The Lake South, The River North

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Act II: The Meaning of, and All Things Regarding Ms. Leading

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Act III: Life and Death

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. The Color Spectrum

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Migrant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Act IV: Rebirth in Reprise

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Act V: Hymns with the Devil in Confessional

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. The Fox and the Hunt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Honestly, I think it's The Color Spectrum for me. I don't really know why, but that's the one that I enjoy the most

Chase Tremaine, kyle and Orla like this.
  3. Philll

Trusted

Had to go Act II, its the first one I heard and subsequently has become the standard that I hold all Dear Hunter music against. That said, Color Spectrum is hot on it's tail. That collection is a real achievement.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  4. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

II > Color Spectrum > (I) > V > IV > Migrant > III > (Fox and the Hunt) > (All is as All Should Be)

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. Philll

Trusted

II > CS > IV > I > Migrant > III > V

Not at all sure i actually believe that ranking, but its what my gut says right now.

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

very close between act II and III for me
    I haven’t checked out anything they’ve released after Migrant, weird since I used to be big time obsessed with this band

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Act IV is probably my favorite, definitely check it out! V is solid too

But yeah, it's super close with Act IV and Act II for me. Voted IV.

mad likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It also doesn't help that their albums are SOOOOooooo looooonnngggggg.

But I must admit, every time I revisit 4 and 5, I'm reminded that they are actually great. Maybe give them a try half an album at a time or something?

mad likes this.
  9. Philll

Trusted

IV and V are definitely bloated imo. Could comfortably chop a few from each.

Same argument could probably be made for II tbh but Blood of the Rose is the only track that I wouldn't miss.

10. SAB22

adulting22.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Act II is perfect IMO. Set the bar so high so early. I did really like ACT III a lot too. I really haven’t enjoyed the more recent stuff mostly due to the production.
    Act II>ACT III>CS>ACT I>ACT V>ACT IV>F&H>Migrant

11. I think I’m gonna say the same.

12. Migrant is very special to me, but I don't think it's actually as good as Act I, Act V, or Color Spectrum. I have oddly mixed feelings about Acts II-IV, so this vote was mostly a toss-up for me between Act V and Color. I decided to go with V as I figured that album could use some extra representation; as V's second vote, I was very correct.