Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Story of the Year Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jul 16, 2020.

?

there's a smile on my face and it's 2:55 AM

1. Page Avenue

28 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. In the Wake of Determination

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. The Black Swan

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. The Constant

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Wolves

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

The Black Parade likes this.
  2. pbueddi

Trusted

I think enough time has passed where i dont have to worry about recency bias. Maybe it’s because im older now, but I still dig Wolves the most as a full album. I have to give that my vote.

Wolves
    The Black Swan
    Page Avenue
    The Constant
    In The Wake Of Determination

I hope we get new music before the end of the year.

The Black Parade likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

In The Wake Of Determination >>>>>> The Black Swan > The Constant > Page Avenue > Wolves

sophos34 and BlackwingE like this.
  4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The Constant is by far their weakest release, but I'm curious to see what others think

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I enjoy The Constant the most, followed by Black Swan. Not really a fan of the others, but the opener on Page Avenue is a fun track.

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

PA is the only one I didn’t skip songs on so that one

7. SFguitar

Regular

Had to go Page Avenue. Every song is great and it's a classic at this point

8. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

In the Wake
    Page Avenue
    The Black Swan
    Wolves
    The Constant

Page Avenue is a classic and the catchiest the band has ever been. I loved heaviness of In The Wake and how the band didn't play it safe. The record may have not been commercially successful, but it was a great evolution of the bands sound and took lots of risks. It possess the bands best musicianship and songwriting in my opinion.

i feel like The Black Swan was the safer follow up, but a nice mix of the PA and ITDOD sounds that attempted to gain a larger audience.

The Constant is by far my least favorite. Wolves is solid, but didn't grab me like the first 3 albums.

BlackwingE likes this.
  9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

The Black Swan
    Wolves
    Page Avenue
    In the Wake
    The Constant

10. BlackwingE

Trusted

The Black Swan
    In the Wake of Determination
    Page Avenue
    The Constant
    Wolves

11. pbueddi

Trusted

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The Black Swan>In The Wake>The Constant>Page Avenue>Wolves

My top 3 picks have the most aggression, which is what I think SOTY does best. TBS is a combo of ITWOD and PA but fine tuned and really in the band's pocket. I think Wolves is a giant snooze - everything feels like it's a sound that band had done better on previous albums.

BlackwingE likes this.
  13. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Only one I ever listened to was Page Avenue.

14. BTDandFeelingThis Jul 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2020)
    BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

pbueddi likes this.
  15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Don't listen to them a whole lot, but Black Swan for me.

16. Zorlak

Crusher Destroyer Prestigious

In The Wake Of Determination is such an underrated album, "Is This My Fate? He Asked Them" is probably the best song they've written.

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The Constant and Page Avenue are the only ones that ever stuck with me. Had to go Page Avenue, though.

18. From most to least fav:

- In The Wake Of Determination and it's not even close. It's the only album I have zero problem with as the rest of their discography is... a bit frustrating for me.

- The Black Swan has some tracklisting issues, with me prefering many bsides over the main album so it always clouded my perception. It's a good album anyway.

- The Constant was a disappointment at the time, and felt like they were on autopilot mode. It has grown on me over the years though.

- I didn't really revisit Wolves a lot in the last few years. It has some highlights but it didn't hit me like I expected, and I'm still not sure why.

- I never cared about Page Avenue and it hasn't changed, even if I still jam to the singles. I don't hear what distinguishes it from everything else Feldmann was doing at the time.

19. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Glad to see so much love for The Black Swan. Their opus imo. Page Avenue nailed the poppy side of their sound. In the Wake nailed the aggressive side. Black Swan merged the two perfectly. A near flawless album with great songs and a great message. I seem to recall The Antidote winning the SOTY song bracket here and deservedly so, although I prefer Choose Your Fate and Angel in the Swamp.

Black Swan
    In the Wake
    Page Avenue
    Wolves
    The Constant

Constant is the only one I don't enjoy, but I relistened not too long ago and it was better than I remembered.

BlackwingE, Micool1 and chewbacca110 like this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, I need to listen to Black Swan more, but Wolves has been my absolute go to.

pbueddi likes this.
  21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Page for the nostalgia, never really dug into much else

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

in the wake of determination is the only one i ever liked. but i grew up in st louis and every normie who didn't know anything about music was obsessed with them so it made me hate them

23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I hate that Spotify doesn’t have the hidden last track of ITWOD

BlackwingE likes this.
  24. Page Avenue is really the only one I’ve ever listened to. I gave the second one a few spins and it was decent.