Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Senses Fail Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Lyrics were on point on that album like always, he's always been a great lyricist. Where the album falls flat is in the music. At that point, the line up for the band was amazing but Buddy wrote the music himself and didn't utilize them. It's a shame.

zachmacD likes this.
  2. zachmacD

Trusted

That’s fair. I’ve honestly never listened to senses fail because of the music. It’s always been his lyrics and voice (for better or worse)

3. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Nostalgia vs. records that actually hold up... this is tough to choose.

Davjs likes this.
  4. SFguitar

Regular

LIEY and SS are so great. Those albums had huge poppy hooks, but Buddy hasn't been able to write anything nearly as catchy since.

Pepetito likes this.
  5. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I dont think he is trying to...

6. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I'm so glad to see love for the new album in here. I've been a fan since LIEY, & the new album is my favorite as well as their best, in my opinion.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I had to pick Still Searching but my top 3 of SS, Renacer and Light is so insanely close. It really depends on any given day.

I just think songwriting wise, the leap from LIEY to SS is too great to ignore.

theasteriskera likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Without a doubt Renacer or The Fire.

Davjs likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Renacer > The Fire > Life is Not a Waiting Room > Still Searching > Let It Enfold You > Pull The Thorns > If There is a Light.. > From The Depths of Dreams

Davjs likes this.
  10. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

let it enfold you all day.

shibbee likes this.
  11. I don’t think I can really vote on this one. Those first three were the only ones I’ve ever liked and I don’t think much of them at this point

12. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

let it enfold you>from the depths of dreams>still searching>the fire>waiting room>if there is light>pull the thorns>renacer

13. Davjs

Trusted

Haha absolutely. I would probably swap Fire and Life, but those are without a doubt their top 3. What a run.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Not that Renacer or Pull the Thorns From Your Heart were trying to, but LINAWR has some pretty catchy tunes.

Davjs likes this.
  15. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Let it Enfold You for nostalgic reasons...that 3 song stretch of 9, 10 and 11 were on repeat throughout 2004 for me. Renacer is their best album though...and like @Jake W stated above, it's not close.

Davjs and Jake W like this.
  16. mynameisnotmatt226

I went with Life is Not a Waiting Room just because of how dark the lyrics in that album are...with Buddy opening up about his alcoholism and lost relationships. There's so much agony in it. I don't know why it connected with me in my mid 20s. It just holds a special place for me, although I love all of their albums.

SAB22, zachmacD and Davjs like this.
  17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Enjoy them all, but Still Searching is probably tops for me.

There was a good chunk of time in college that The Fire was my weightlifting soundtrack.

18. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Mine too. And I love to ski with that album blasting. Especially the line in "Safe House"
    When the snow falls all along the peaks
    My minds an avalanche I'm digging through to reach
    All the things I've tried to shove down deep
    My minds an avalanche I'm digging through to reach

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  19. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Still Searching is incredibly enhanced by having Heath Saraceno. I have no idea why he couldn't recapture that lightning in a bottle on that record with Waiting Room.

The hooks on Still Searching are still titanic, today. Just put on Bonecrusher.