Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Senses Fail Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Dec 22, 2018.

?

faves

1. From the Depths of Dreams

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. Let it Enfold You

38 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Still Searching

39 vote(s)
    25.2%
  4. Life is Not a Waiting Room

12 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. The Fire

8 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. Renancer

25 vote(s)
    16.1%
  7. Pull the Thorns From Your Heart

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. If There is Light, It Will Find You

21 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

A five year old tried to stop me but I shot him thru the head
    and now he's dead

2. DesolateEarth

Birb

Still Searching was my jam when I was younger.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I haven't followed this band at all since Let it Unfold You, so I have no fucking clue which direction this thread goes.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  4. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I never really liked anything after Let it Enfold You, so I guess that's my vote.

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Renancer and it's not even close

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Never heard of that record

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Larry David likes this.
  8. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Renancer, really bummed they seemed to get rid of that sound seemed like it was pretty divisive among their fanbase. Haven't listened to the new one very much but I hope Buddy is still doing well there is something so cathartic about someone who has obviously been through a ton of shit finding some semblance of happiness.

9. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

He seems happy from everything I see on social media, all that he shares with his wife and kid. He seems to have found perspective and happiness in the face of what he dealt with and that's so inspiring. The lyrics on the new album seem to bear that out a bit too.

I voted for Still Searching. LIEY was my first SF album and I still love it despite being a product of its time but Still Searching still rips from start to finish even now.

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I thought they only had the song "Can't Be Saved"

11. slimfenix182 Dec 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 24, 2018)
    slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ouch at LIEY winning lol

Borat and Davjs like this.
  12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Why can’t I vote for both LINAWR and Renacer?

Davjs likes this.
  13. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

They all so good. But I’m going with SS

14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

SS > the fire > the rest > thorns

15. Davjs

Trusted

I agree 100%

But my one vote goes to Renacer because that's their best sound overall, even though Waiting might be my personal favorite.

rxbandit89 and johnnyferris like this.
  16. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Only really know the first three so I went with From the Depths of Dreams because it ties back to a lot of high school memories. Didn’t realize how many albums they made after I stopped listening to them. Def willing to go back through the rest of their catalog at some point.

17. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

They're rerecording that EP too. I'm looking forward to it. But the rest of their catalog is absolutely worth checking out, and their newest album captured some of their "older" sounds.

Groogz and Bad Frequencies like this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Really nice to see the new record doing well in the poll. Definitely my favorite record of their's, though I didn't really grow up with them.

theasteriskera likes this.
  19. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

The Fire for sure. Still holds up so well. Newest album is great too, but not enough time to judge its wingspan. Still Searching, LIEY, and EP lost all value to me years ago. Reancer and PTTFYH are good, but I didnt love the style they went for.

20. Davjs

Trusted

Would anyone have voted for the Follow Your Bliss EP if it were included? I've always thought it was underrated and contains some of their best stuff.

21. slimfenix182

Only above Depth tbh. The songs are great but they have too many solid full albums to have a chance at a first place vote for me

22. Davjs

Trusted

I wouldn't place it as number 1 either, even though all 4 songs are great. It's just too short. I'd probably place it above Thrones, Depth and the new one though. War Paint and Waves are just sooooo good.

23. zachmacD

Trusted

It breaks my heart that Thorns is so disliked by a majority of their fan base. Some of buddy’s best lyrics are on there

rxbandit89 likes this.
  24. slimfenix182

Musically it's not close to Renacer but lyrically it's probably the SF record I appreciate most

zachmacD likes this.
  25. zachmacD

Trusted

I should’ve included this before but I like the idea of SF putting out albums that the majority of their fanbase will like and eps like Renacer/PTTFYH in between releases. I feel like that would satisfy all fans

Larry David likes this.