Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Saves the Day Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Not an album. It’s indeed a fantastic compilation though.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. Dan O'Neill

Regular

In Reverie is my favorite. Followed by Stay What You Are, Through Being Cool, and 9. But I love it all really.

And uhh...I didn’t notice In Reverie was off Apple Music again. My tracks still show up on my phone, but they’re all grayed out.

Ughhh, I’m gonna have to rip the cd to my phone, haha. Don’t I pay for Apple Music so I don’t have to do that? ;)

bachna84 likes this.
  3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

That's why I still buy come CDs to physical just in case services do weird stuff like that

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  4. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Yay for Spotify?

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I know some people knock on Spotify, but I am very appreciative that they exist because I get to check out a lot of music I probably wouldn't otherwise

6. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

In Reverie over Through being Cool is blowing my mind right now....

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I love both, but Through Being Cool just flows perfectly and is very relatable to me.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  8. Dan O'Neill

Regular

In Reverie is my favorite album from any band, so I’m feelin’ good about it. ;)

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  9. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

The only thing that TBC has over In Reverie is the nostalgia factor. Objectively, In Reverie is far superior from the musicianship, lyrics, flow.

Dan O'Neill, cherrywaves and Joe4th like this.
  10. cherrywaves

Trusted

Went with IR. I cannot stand his voice on any of the records after that

11. Vase Full Of Rocks Oct 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2018)
    Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I listened to both around the same time because I got in Saves The Day right before they released Sound The Alarm so the nostalgia factor just doesn't apply to me. I think the accusation of people thinking it is being better due to being nostalgic is a weak one anyway. The two CDs are drastically different. While you might appreciate the style of IR, others might like the punk aspects of TBC.

I find it hilarious as I'm someone who's talked about objectivity in music only to have people say "art/music is subjective" that you're doing the same thing and acting like your opinion is the correct answer. I voted Through Being Cool but I never said it was better because I love In Reverie as well. I'm just someone who connects more with the energy and punk sounds from Through Being Cool.

Pepetito and Dan O'Neill like this.
  12. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

The nostalgia factor is a weak argument. I just think In Reverie is boring as all hell.

13. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I just don't know anyone outside of this board that thinks In Reverie is even mediocre at best. Surprised to hear otherwise is all. Not starting fights lol. Intrigued if anything. Carry on.

14. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I'm mostly just being fascetuous. But as a musician, learning songs on In Reverie vs Through Being Cool... It's no argument.

Dan O'Neill and Joe4th like this.
  15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It's a more interesting album with much more introspective lyrics as opposed to some of the pretty bad (and sometimes gross) lyrics on TBC. IR has a very unique sound that wasn't touched on much by bands in their genre and was an incredible stylistic change and risk and it paid off IMO

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ah, definitive again. Nice.

17. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

18. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

[​IMG]

19. Vase Full Of Rocks Oct 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2018)
    Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean, In Reverie is certainly a (if not THE) divisive album from STD. It's the one album I personally feel doesn't quite fit into either of the commonly talked about sides of STD, which seem to be CSD-SWYA and STA-9. It seems to be its own thing which is pretty cool. It's got crazy weird and beautiful lyrics and a very unique vocal style from Conley that I think is most of what makes that album works so well.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. Dog Fish

Mutt

Doing a full STD discog dive today while working from home. What a crazy journey of progression. On SWYA right now. I'd forgotten how 'samey' TBC gets, but it still has it's incredible moments. Can't wait for In Reverie. It's so sad how I fell into the camp of "I fucking hate this album" on the initial release. I'd just like to take this time to say "I'm sorry Chris. I'm sorry I assisted in your depression."

21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

TBC is my favorite STD by far. Sound The Alarm is a close second.

22. Dog Fish

Mutt

I'm sure it would be mine if I found them during that era. I found out about them when at your funeral was first released. Heard it on the radio and had to call the radio station to find out who the band was. Went and bought the album from best buy the next day.

23. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

every album is different!! theres one for everyone!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

but which one is for the deaf?

25. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

this one ig

Dan O'Neill and Dog Fish like this.