Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Radiohead Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Apr 15, 2020.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

AMSP has the most personal lyrics Thom has ever written IMO and I really appreciated seeing that side for once.

2. skoopy

Regular

I personally love the album version of tlw, just the sorrowful take on the track speaks to me idk.

Aaron Mook and waking season like this.
  3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

A Moon Shaped Pool is one of those records that came out at the perfect point in my life, it immediately resonated with me

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Also I think TLW wasn’t fan service and had more to do with Thom’s separation

5. Collins

Trusted

Tough to choose between In Rainbows and Hail To The Thief, but I think the highs are higher on Rainbows.

In Rainbows
    Hail To The Thief
    Amnesiac
    Kid A
    The Bends
    OK Computer
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    The King Of Limbs
    Pablo Honey

6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

In Rainbows is their most accessible. And it’s concise as hell there is no wasted moment. But also the songwriting is just really great. It’s the obvious best pick really.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

OKC

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

In Rainbows is the best. Just such a perfect mix of creative & accessible, & also very sleek. It's so good that, when I tried at different times to get more into other albums of theirs, I'd often just end up back there.

OK Computer is the only one that, at one point in the evolution of my listening habits, could've been my favorite instead. What they're going for on In Rainbows is just a lot more appealing to me, but OK Computer is still obviously quite good.

I said this in another thread yesterday, but the other album of theirs that's surprisingly settled into my top 3 is, honestly, The King of Limbs. It's the only Radiohead album to come out during a time when the prospect of a new Radiohead album was actively exciting to me, & perhaps because of that I was initially "meh" on it. In recent years, though, it's become my third or maybe second favorite album of theirs to just vibe to.

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

a lot of people are unfair to TKOL but I think it’s indulgence is admirable. it does feel like an EP or something though.

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Half of TKOL is great the other half is okay.

11. Tim

I can see why it'd feel like an EP to someone, but to me, it just feels like a super concise, effective album that's exactly the right length for what it's doing. And, I quite enjoy what it's doing.

12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Kid A
    In Rainbows
    Amnesiac
    OK Computer
    The Bends
    The King of Limbs
    Hail to the Thief
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    Pablo Honey

Your Milkshake likes this.
  13. christsizedshoes

Trusted

1. Kid A
    2. In Rainbows

3. A Moon Shaped Pool
    4. OK Computer
    5. The Bends

6. Amnesiac
    7. Hail to the Thief
    8. The King of Limbs

9. Pablo Honey

14. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

TKOL, Kid A and In Rainbows are IMO the three radiohead masterpieces. Always bums me out seeing TKOL rated so low.

Give up the Ghost is maybe the best song of all time.

15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Kid A
    In Rainbows
    OK Computer
    Amnesiac
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    Hail to the Thief
    The Bends
    The King of Limbs
    Pablo Honey

16. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Did a double take when I read this sentence haha. I respect your opinion, but that’s...quite a take.

17. PauLo

43% Burnt

TKOL is definitely an underrated gem. My second favourite after Kid A, easily.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I fixed it

19. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

whats the best radiohead song though? id probably go with pyramid song, but weird fishes and karma police are not far behind.

has a bracket been done for that? i imagine it has

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I think if I attempted to pick one favourite song my head would explode

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Couldn’t do it. They probably have 50 songs that would be my favorite song from any other band.

gun to my head maybe Climbing Up The Walls

TSLROCKS likes this.
  22. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

The dumbest thing about my opinion is that even though I think Give up the Ghost might be best song ever, Motion Picture Soundtrack is my fave Radiohead song.

23. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

There are so many songs that could compete for best song, but I'll probably pick Videotape.

24. Vinn

in rainbows obviously

25. Tim

I'd probably go w/ "House of Cards" for my fav song of theirs.