Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Paramore Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Agreed hardcore.

2. Omni

Regular

I just listened to After Laughter for the first time in a while and I'm so close to putting it above Brand New Eyes now.

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

ok i guess it’s fine to feel like there’s filler on the s/t but ive personally never heard it

Lucas27 and Joe4th like this.
  4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

There's two songs on the s/t that I don't love and there's at least that much on every other album of theirs too.

5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

can you believe we ever got a song as good as “grow up”

Aregala likes this.
  6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i think the only song i don’t *love* on the s/t is “hate to see your heart break,” a lovely and good song

Aregala likes this.
  7. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I would not cut a second off of that album.

8. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I even love the b-sides like Escape Route and Native Tongue off of the self-titled. Really for such a long record it never bored me. It was their most experimental. I'll never get over the feeling I first felt listening to that album, Future as that ending. Just wow. I would be curious to hear what those of you who think it's too bloated would cut.

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I would at least cut a second...

10. Lucas27

Trusted

Be Alone and Crazy Girls for me, but I think it’s a pretty front heavy record in general. I enjoy it the whole way through, but it starts to lose my interest a little more in the back half.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. SpyKi Dec 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 24, 2018)
    SpyKi

Now/Be Alone would be the easiest cuts for me but they're both solid, just too repetitive for me.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  12. Lucas27

Trusted

What would be the west cuts?

(I’m sorry I had to)

SpyKi likes this.
  13. Be Alone would be a very easy cut, imo that song’s got no business being on the record. It’d be a C-rate track even on an album that it’d at least sonically be more at home on, like BNE

I really like Part II but it definitely disrupts the flow for me. Still would want the song to exist, just not on this record! (Ain’t It Fun into Last Hope would work really well, anyway)

Not really a fan of Crazy Girls, but I probably wouldn’t cut it. It’s one of the only bigger swings in their catalog that I think they missed on, though

For some positive stuff, I don’t think Now is as bad as people have made it out to be in the past, I really like the interludes, and Proof was their best song pre-AL

14. Lucas27

Trusted

I know it’s probably too late but I would still love a Paramore album that moves in the more broody, alternative rock direction of songs like Part II, Decode, and Future.

SpyKi and trevorshmevor like this.
  15. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I'd replace "be alone" with "escape route", but other than that, I've never been able to decide what to cut from S/T. I'd probably move the tracks around, just because I don't think "FIMC" is a good opener.

Mary V and Joe4th like this.
  16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

“be alone” is such a good song, i’ll never get the hate

Omni likes this.
  17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

i don't hate it! it just feels weirdly placed.

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

one last rave up about anxiety before the ambiguous end

19. Lucas27

Trusted

I definitely get its placement on the album, the song itself just doesn’t do much for me. Now I kind of want to listen to it though.

20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I don't think there's a single album that I wouldn't cut at least one song from.

21. Lucas27

Trusted

AL is the first album of theirs where this isn’t true for me. Self-titled has Be Alone, BNE has Feeling Sorry, and Riot! has We Are Broken. No idea what I’d possibly cut on AL.

22. I love After Laughter, but Grudges never grew on me. I would have 100% cut it if given the chance

23. SpyKi

I'd cut Grudges and No Friend from AL. Neither work for me.

TEGCRocco likes this.
  24. Lucas27

Trusted

Grudges = that gif of Brad Pitt dancing on the treadmill in Burn After Reading that I’m too lazy to find and post. It makes me dance my socks off.

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

tenor.gif

Found it. Took me probably the same amount of time it took you to type that comment.

Lucas27 likes this.