Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Paramore Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Dec 16, 2018.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

s/t >>>>>

Aregala likes this.
  2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the after laughter slander itt is obnoxiously wrong

Lucas27, MegT585, Aregala and 4 others like this.
  3. Bane

The spiciest meme

After Laughter

Love all their albums though

4. Lex

the horizon is my home

I also voted for AL, but am very surprised their isn't more love for their self-titled!

5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i think the s/t is a masterpiece but i know i'm alone here

Aregala, SpyKi and K0ta like this.
  6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I picked AWKIF because that album is why I am a Paramore fan and I have an insane amount of memories surrounding it. There's just something special I feel when I listen to it. It isn't their best or anything but it's the one that got me here today as the Paramore fan I am.

Next favorite would have to be self-titled...it goes in a few different directions but I honestly think it's an awesome album that keeps up the pace the whole time. They tried a lot of different things and I loved some of their nods to their past (Part II)...it really felt like they were working through something. I am still devestated that things went the way they did with Jeremy...

To me, Paramore is a band that, with each album cycle, is uniquely Paramore, in an all new, evolved way. You could make an argument for any Paramore album for why it's the best. Put AWKIF in the context of its time and place - jam after pop punk jam. They were so young when they wrote it, it's honestly impressive.

Anyway I love this band and I get emotional whenever I write about them so there's that.

7. K0ta

I am with you.

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

AL is their only record of theirs I've had a strong emotional connection to. The change in sound is super refreshing imo and works perfectly in their favor.

10. K0ta

Idk about this. It might be in hindsight but I can't escape the feeling surrounding the cycle of this album, not a good time for the band and I felt that hard. Looking Up felt great back then but listening to it now feels almost like wishful thinking..also thinking of the controversy surrounding Playing God and how many of the lyrics in hindsight felt like directed barbs and forshadowed the future of the band a bit.

Lucas27 likes this.
  11. J12

Trusted Supporter

Self-titled is my favorite, which is weird, because I definitely didn't feel that way when it came out. After Laughter is probably their best/most cohesive, though.

12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Self titled for sure. I think they nail so many different sounds on it.

13. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

this is the correct take imo

SpyKi and unbornwhiskey like this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My gut instinct was AL so that’s what I voted. Considered changing to BNE but I didn’t. Self Titles is also in the talks here.

15. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This thread is making me listen to self-titled more and it's better than I remember

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Bne.

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Riot-AL all have such varied strengths in different ways that I think it really speaks to the consistency and creative output of this band, especially with all of their drama and member swaps, etc. Truly a top tier band.

18. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I am absolutely shocked that "Paramore" is not number 1. It is so obviously their best album by a landslide to me. I mean, its perfect from start to finish.

19. Omni

Regular

I love the direction they've taken their music with the last couple of albums but Brand New Eyes is my favorite. I'd go BNE > AL > Self-titled > Riot! > AWKIF.

Favorite Paramore song right here.

Lucas27 and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I felt like this abt Looking Up for awhile, even tho it’s one of my favorite Paramore songs. Then they opened Parahoy with it this year and I literally burst into tears the second they started playing because that happy feeling felt real again.

K0ta likes this.
  21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I don't know. I like that album a lot, but I find it too long and feel like it could have used some cuts to take out some filler.

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

There’s zero songs I’d cut from S/T

AsfAstAswegofar and K0ta like this.
  23. K0ta

This is nice to hear, thank you for sharing. :)

24. Lucas27

Trusted

After Laughter is their first perfect record for me from start to finish. Can’t believe how good it is.

Brand New Eyes is second. Best of their earlier era stuff. Pretty flawless in its own right. Guitar work and vocals are insane.

Self-titled and Riot! are both great and about equal for me at this point. AWKIF is easily their weakest.

25. Lucas27

Trusted

My issue with s/t is it feels like it should be the band’s masterpiece but there are a few songs that feel like filler to me.

skoopy and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.