Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Nate Ruess Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2020.

?

B is for believing you...

1. The Format - Interventions + Lullabies

12 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. The Format - Dog Problems

29 vote(s)
    32.2%
  3. fun. - Aim & Ignite

25 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. fun. - Some Nights

24 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. Nate Ruess - Grand Romantic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

i just learned there are weekly polls

theasteriskera likes this.
  3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Some Nights > A&I > Dog Problems > I+L >>> Grand Romantic

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I picked Dog Problems but it was almost Some Nights

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I&L = Dog Problems > A&I > Some Night > Grand Romantic

Picked I&L just because it was my introduction to the world of Nate but it's about even with Dog Problems for me. Both Format records are pretty much perfect imo.

6. I'm pretty tied to Interventions. They were the first band since Jimmy that felt like they'd really blown up out of our local scene, and that debut still sounds so uniquely like home to me. Also I'll never be stuck on the 51 and not think about Tune Out, lol. Dog Problems never stuck with me in the same way and I only like about half of each fun. record

I'll never forget the AP thread of arguments about Nate using vocoder on Stars though lmao, that was an all timer for hot takes

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Dog Problems
    Aim & Ignite
    Some Nights
    Grand Romantic
    Interventions + Lullabies

all are fantastic.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Dog Problems.
    Who's got em?

9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Aim & Ignite
    Who's got... aight?

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

We've had 70 of them

[​IMG]

St. Nate likes this.
  11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Dog Problems. An emotional ride of an album for me and one that’s aged so gracefully. This was tough though. Some Nights and Aim & Ignite are basically 1b and 1c.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't want to leave work right now because I put on Dog Problems and I'm singing along to the whole thing lol

beachdude, Anthony_, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  13. have to give it to dog problems although all of the first four are so very close it almost doesn’t matter

14. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Dog Problems is one of my favorite albums of all time. Just love the overall sound of it and one of those albums that came to me at a perfect time in my life. It sits clearly above the rest of his work for me.

I&L, A&I, and SN would all be in the next tier and any of them could be number 2 on a given day.

Grand Romantic is last, but even that is a good album and enjoyable listen. I don't know why it didn't gain more traction, I think maybe because people were looking/hoping for Fun LP3 and it wasn't that.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Aim & Ignite is my favorite album of all time so this vote was easy. Some Nights is not far behind though.

I've done this ranking so many times but...

Aim & Ignite > Some Nights >= Dog Problems > Grand Romantic > Interventions & Lullabies

I honestly need to spend more time with I&L. It never fully clicked for me.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The door that opened when I first fell in love with fun. after missing 75% of their set opening for Panic! is wild.

Led to my discovery of the Format and Steel Train, some of the absolute best concerts (and truly best days) of my life, connected me to someone in high school who became one of my best friends and I now live with, and then branches even further with Bleachers, Grand Romantic, and Jack's production of some of the absolute best albums of 2010s.

It's also the album I would credit as my first step out of the pop punk/emo/neon punk or whatever world that I was so stuck in throughout high school.

There are my favorite albums of my life, and there are albums that I consider the most formative of my life. Aim & Ignite is at the top of both lists.

17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Interventions

18. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Aim and ignite and Dog Problems are so damn close for me

But the real answer is they're all great

19. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Some Nights is great and the Format albums are good but it's Aim & Ignite.

20. here's my regularly scheduled Grand-Romantic-is-underrated post

I'd still put it below the other four but gosh some of the songs on this are still just gorgeous. "It Only Gets Much Worse," "Brightside," "Harsh Lights," "AhHa," and "Nothing Without Love" still stick with me

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah some of those are the best songs he’s written and the other half are his worst

22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I really enjoy Nothing Without Love. Just listened to some Format/Nate stuff a couple weeks ago and I’d say that song is a favourite.

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  23. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

They're good albums Brent

24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Aim & Ignite is a masterpiece, so I voted for that, but all of them are great and Grand Romantic is underrated. Now give me Fun. album 3.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm listening to Aim Ignite for the first time and it's hilarious how you can tell exactly which songs Jack wrote. I swear he has the same cadence all the time lol

Anthony_ likes this.