Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Motion City Soundtrack Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Apr 5, 2019.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Even If It Kills me is the only album from this band that I love.

2. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

The bridge/ending of "Time Turns Fragile" is one of the most powerful things I've heard to date. Not a day goes by where I don't listen to it. -It's just not the same day without it.~

3. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I love CTTM and EIIKM almost equally but I lost a lot of interest with/after MDL. Enjoyed a few songs here and there but nothing really hit the same highs as the first half of their discography. I voted for EIIKM because it was a top formative album for me (I was 13 or 14 when I first heard it) but CTTM is just a hair off from getting it.

4. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Commit This To Memory, but My Dinosaur Life is really close too. MDL was actually the first full MCS album I heard because and has what I think is their best track (Disappear)

5. DesolateEarth

Birb

I just got into MDL last week. Agreed that Disappear is a career highlight.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Disappear would be low tier on CTTM or EIIKM.

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

“Disappear” is one of the tracks I don’t like at all. Haha

8. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

I don't get the love for EIIKM

Also no way >:(

Pepetito likes this.
  9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

MDL was my first MCS album, so I'm a big fan, but I'll admit that Delirium and Hysteria sound almost exactly the same

10. DesolateEarth

Birb

Who hurt you both?

Bryan Diem and Doomsday like this.
  11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I Am The Movie is getting severely dicked around here. Had no idea Even If It Kills Me was That album for so many people though, thats cool.

12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I mean, it’s not the worst song on the album. But it’s also not close to being their best track. Not sure how it’s even possible to think that, given some of the high points they’ve got.

13. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I am the Movie and Commit this to Memory are great. Things started going downhill with Even If it Kills me.

14. Delysid

Regular

I’m torn between my dinosaur life and commit this to memory. Commit came out when I was in 9th grade and was such a formative time. I for some reason didn’t check out my dinosaur life when it came out and I think it was due to the cover looking not serious in a time when I was a freshman in college and trying to be an adult. Ended up going back and falling in love with that record 3 years ago and saw them live twice that year. One of those times being a really memorable show in New Jersey at the absolute height of Pokémon go. The venue was a damn poke stop and it seemed like everyone in the audience was playing between sets. Also discovered owel and tancred at that show. Looking back that was a stacked lineup

Bryan Diem likes this.
  15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

That was a dope show, also discovered tancred there

Delysid likes this.
  16. J12

Trusted Supporter

i think Commit This to Memory is probably my favorite, because it's the record that got me into them and the one I revisit most frequently now. I really love Even If It Kills Me, though. The title track tears me apart.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.