Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Lights Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Mar 29, 2021.

?

I never knew you could be so savage

1. The Listening

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. Siberia

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Little Machines

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Skin & Earth

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. How to Sleep When You're on Fire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Skin & Earth was the first I liked and I frickin adore it.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hmmm, I think I'll go with Little Machines. Skin & Earth grew on me a lot though. All great records for me. Still need to listen to How to Sleep...

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Man, this is tough. For a long time it was Siberia, it might still be Siberia honestly, but Little Machines and Skin&Earth are both really great. I think I am voting Siberia for now

Orla likes this.
  5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Only ones I ever go back to are Siberia and The Listening. Went with Siberia on this.

Orla likes this.
  6. Orla Mar 29, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2021)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Have to give it to The Listening. I bought the CD just to hear more of the person featured on Silverstein’s “The End”, but it wound up igniting my interest in synthpop in a way nothing else had before it.

I also have a giant soft spot for Siberia, so I’m glad it’s getting some love in this thread. I expected the poll to be Little Machines v Skin & Earth.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  7. Tomozaurus

Regular

I actually went through her discorgraphy again recently with my sister, we used to listen to her first 2 albums all the time when we were in high school.

I have to say The Listening still holds up and is her best. I used to love SIberia, but the dubstep stuff sounds really dated.

Orla likes this.
  8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Hasn’t released a less than extraordinary record yet, but The Listening has a special place for me and very much inspired us when we started Hailey, It Happens. So that takes it for me.