Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Less Than Jake Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jun 4, 2020.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Hello Rockview for sure, but a lot of these are great

333 GANG likes this.
  2. tomdelonge

Trusted

I didn't really come around with Out Crowd til the past few years but there's some songs I really like; Rest Of My Life, Fall Apart, Mostly Memories, Soundtrack Of My Life. And Overrated, which sounds like Bowling For Soup but I'm into it.

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Has the band ever talked about why “Look What Happened” was re-recorded for their very next album? It is a great song, but it has always seemed like a strange choice to me.

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Strange choice of song, you mean? It’s definitely one of their most popular songs.

5. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I have a memory of Vinnie saying they just weren’t happy with how it turned out on B&B, and the band considered it kind of the “definitive” LTJ song at the time so wanted to get a version closer to what they envisioned.

I have no recollection of when or where I read that, so possibly I’m just making it up.

Daniel182 likes this.
  6. Daniel182

No, I mean strange to record the same song for two albums in a row. But I guess they did the same thing with Johnny Quest and Jen as well.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Sound The Alarm is my favorite thing these guys have done. Every single song is so good. Wish it was an LP.

Olyphantastic likes this.
  8. 333 GANG

ACAB

It’s up there for me too. One of the strongest EP’s to come out in a long time. I think they were firing on all cylinders on that one, and I hope it carries over to their new record.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  9. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

When I was a teenager, a girl at camp that I found attractive complimented someone’s Less Than Jake shirt. Had no idea what the band sounded like, but I went out and bought Anthem that weekend to have it in my Walkman the next time I saw her. Never got anywhere with the girl, but one of my best impulse buys!

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Probably to give the major label another chance to push the song

Daniel182 likes this.
  11. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Anthem for me too. It wasn't the first one that I listened to, but it was the one that solidified my love for them, on top of coming out on my birthday while in high school.

12. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

I'd be curious to see what this poll looks like without Anthem or Rockview haha. If I didn't choose Anthem, it would've been GNV FLA for me. I feel like that one was SUPER underrated. Has some of my favorite songs, felt very fresh and different for the band to me.

irthesteve likes this.
  13. 333 GANG

ACAB

Borders for me if those two weren’t options

14. Daniel182

Losing Streak for me in that scenario.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I honestly thought this tread would be between Hello and Losing Streak.

16. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

Anthem for me. it's the sweet spot on their decade-long ska to pop transition, where each album was progressively less ska and more pop - until IWTOC had like three seconds of horns and everyone thrashed it (undeservingly, it's as good a pop-punk album as any from that time.)

that's my pick only because i like poppier punk better than ska, but Hello Rockview was the perfect middle ground and is the superior album imo. Anthem just hit all the right personal notes for me. closing track is my favorite LTJ song of all time

17. tomdelonge

Trusted

With or without Anthem and Hello Rockview, Losing Streak is my pick, but those 3 are the ltj holy trinity and my fave changes day to day.

I really love Borders & Boundaries too. Def a notch below, but it’s such a perfect picture of townie life. I feel like I know all the characters in those songs.