Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Justin Vernon Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, May 17, 2019.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Problem is 22 and Bi are all timers

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Big Red Machine is probably last place but gotta give them love too. Saw their show in LA last month and it was truly moving

zmtr and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

really tough call between 22 and bi,bi

zmtr likes this.
  4. zmtr May 18, 2019
    (Last edited: May 18, 2019)
    zmtr

Trusted

I’d pick Repave over 90% of albums Ive listened to in my life time. The end of “Almanac” is unspeakably great. There’s no wrong answer to “what’s your favorite JV album”. Repave is a classic in its own right but everything has been so good its hard to rank it at the absolute top. There’s plenty of reasons to love each individual project.

If someone said Hazeltons was their favorite I’d totally get it. I feel like so many people who love BI sleep on how good that EP is.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. zmtr May 18, 2019
    (Last edited: May 18, 2019)
    zmtr

Trusted

There were many people who weren’t on board with 22AM until this video came out. If it doesn’t click for you after watching these versions than it probably just isn’t for you. I think it helps humanize the songs when you realize that outside of the samples and the messina, it’s all organic sound.

Sorry if I seem way too excited in this thread. @Henry knew what he was doing.

Artdmg, coleslawed and waking season like this.
  6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

For Emma, Forever Ago by a large margin. What a perfect album.

I think the only other full album of his I really like is 22, A Million, which has a super dope sound. Feels weird, all these years later, still not getting the hype around Bon Iver, Bon Iver; I think the last track is the only one I've gone back to in the past, like, 5 yrs. And, the Volcano Choir stuff is cool (I like it more than BI,BI, tbh), but also doesn't stick w/ me at all.

7. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I really love both albums, too, but he's made a staggering number of quality material.

8. BI, BI. Album of the decade probably.

zmtr likes this.
  9. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I went For Emma because that one has had the most staying power for me, followed closely by BI BI. Holocene is still his best song though. 22AM has fallen right off for me. I liked it when it came out, then loved it for awhile, and now I can only remember a few of the tracks clearly, one of which (10 d EAThbREasT) I don't really enjoy a lot.

10. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I chose 22, A Million because as much as I love his older ones I feel like Bon Iver gets better with every album

Honestly though if it were an option I'd probably have chosen DeYarmond Edison's Silent Signs

coleslawed and zmtr like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm limited to nine or ten poll options, so I wasn't able to put that and went with "other" instead.

12. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

For Emma, BI BI, and 22 are all masterpieces. I don’t know if I can pick.

Artdmg, imthesheriff and zmtr like this.
  13. zmtr

Trusted

I like you

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It's Repave for me. That came at the right time in my life.