Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Gaslight Anthem Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jun 14, 2019.

?

pick it

1. Sink or Swim

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. The '59 Sound

59 vote(s)
    58.4%
  3. American Slang

12 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Handwritten

17 vote(s)
    16.8%
  5. Get Hurt

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Painkillers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Georgia EP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sleepwalkers

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  9. Elsie

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll include Brian's solo stuff, but leaving the title as Gaslight Anthem. I feel like the name is more recognizable.

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

59 Sound and Sleepwalkers are my two faves but I voted for Sleepwalkers because I know what's going to get more votes lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I went with The '59 Sound, as I suspect many people will. They had just been announced as the opener for a tour that also included Thrice, Alkaline Trio, and Rise Against, all bands of which I was already a pretty big fan of. I figured I should check out Gaslight beforehand, and The '59 Sound absolutely floored me. I really love all of their albums (and Brian's solo stuff, too), but that's the one that got me through the door.

4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

This is very tough. Obviously what the 59' Sound did to my life 10-11 years ago is only matched to what Enema of the State did to me 20 years ago. That album is perfect. HOWEVER, I hold Handwritten near and dear to my heart. I've mentioned in several Gaslight/Brian threads how lyrically important and on point that record was at a very special time in my life. I look back to 2012 for so many reasons ... and this album played every single day from July-December.

I am voting for Handwritten because even though the 59' Sound may be a perfect 10/10 ... I rank Handwritten 9.98/10 and I want to give it love as we all know the 59' Sound will win this poll if everyone doesn't do what I and Jake did lol.

Jake W and .K. like this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I actually can’t pick. Too many good choices.

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

The '59 Sound. That was surprisingly easy.

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Elsie wasn’t even on the list. Plus, hopefully next year at some time there will be one more new album to add.

imthesheriff likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Gotta go with American Slang, that shit is tight

9. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

That tour is exactly how i got into them too!

Argus likes this.
  10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Went with Handwritten but Sink or Swim is close. Love all the gaslight albums and the horrible crowes but never really got into his solo albums for some reason.

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Sleepwalkers is more Gaslight than Painkillers, but in the end they all have the Brian factor.

I still think American Slang and Sleepwalkers have songs with a similar -clasheque vibe.

12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The '59 Sound, American Slang, Elsie, and Handwritten have all been my favs at different times, and still can be depending on the day. Usually, I'll go '59 Sound, but those four all have different strengths that they bring to the table. The two solo albums are a bit lower down, and Get Hurt is a cut below those.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I threw Elsie on the end and you can change votes if you want. Wasn't aware of that one. Sry.

CarpetElf and Joe4th like this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

59 Sound. Elsie is a close second.

15. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Voted 59 sound, Elsie prob second but I don’t find myself listening to that one much for whatever reason.

Part of me wanted to vote Get Hurt, because it’s my second favorite Gaslight album, and I feel like it never got a fair shake, but I didn’t want to ruin the integrity of the Chorus poll.

16. abw123

Trusted

Going American Slang but it's real real close

17. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Elsie and it isn’t even close. I love all his stuff, but Elsie remains supreme.

18. dpassen1

If the Georgia EP is on here, surely the Señor and the Queen should be as well?

19. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

59 sound and handwritten at the top for me.

20. dlemert

Trusted

American Slang. Picked it up the night before going to New York for the first time so the album will forever be linked with that memory.

21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Señor and the Queen is the correct answer.

So I’ll vote 59.

22. PaperthinHymn

Voted 59 Sound, but love Elsie and Brian's solo records, and a lot of Handwritten.

23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The 59 Sound followed by Sink or Swim

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Voted Get Hurt, don’t @ me

Bryan Diem and waking season like this.
  25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

SteveLikesMusic and Henry like this.