Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Foo Fighters Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jan 21, 2021.

?

the best the best the best the best the best

1. Foo Fighters

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. The Colour and the Shape

40 vote(s)
    51.3%
  3. There Is Nothing Left to Lose

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. One By One

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. In Your Honor

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Wasting Light

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  8. Sonic Highways

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Concrete and Gold

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New album incoming.

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Colour of the Shape introduced me and got me rockin'. Wasting Light re-introduced me to the rockin' and reminded me just how much this band means to me and the rock genre.

Gianni28 likes this.
  3. Those first three albums are untouchable. Love the singles on One By One but the album is pretty easily their weakest. In Your Honor is surprisingly strong for a double album, too. Always enjoyed that acoustic disc.

4. Gianni

Trusted

1) The Colour & The Shape
    2) There Is Nothing Left To Lose
    3) Wasting Light
    4) Foo Fighters
    5) Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
    6) In Your Honor
    7) Sonic Highways
    8) One By One
    9) Concrete & Gold

the gap between 4 and 8 is pretty small..... C&G I don't dislike but I think I just didn't really spend much time with it when it came out.

Agreed with Aaron and what most people say about One by One being loaded with singles and filler. I also think that IYH has aged pretty well - a lot of people really bashed it for being "bloated" and "overindulgent" when it came out, but I love it.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. There is Nothing Left to Lose
    Foo Fighters
    The Colour and the Shape
    In Your Honor
    Sonic Highways
    Wasting Light
    Concrete & Gold
    Echoes, Silence, Patience, & Grace
    One by One

6. JM95

Trusted

I struggle with IYH to be honest. I listened to it again recently and thought it was a really boring attempt at a good idea. Jamie Lenman did the same thing years later and committed to the concept in a much more interesting way. And, crucially, he wrote better songs.

Nice to see how popular TINLTL is on here. Love that record.

alphab0t likes this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

TCATS is pretty clearly in my mind the only answer

ran through the discog a few weeks ago and i think this is what i got:
    TCATS
    S/T
    Wasting Light
    One by One
    TINLTL
    ESPG
    IYH
    C&G
    Sonic Highways

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Went with There Is Nothing Left to Lose, but TCATS and Wasting Light would round out my top 3.

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Always been a singles band for me, but I guess TCATS would be my pick for album.

.K. likes this.
  10. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

There Is Nothing Left To Lose followed closely by The Color and the Shape, which in turn is followed closely by self-titled.

Aaron Mook and JM95 like this.
  11. btr

Trusted Supporter

TCATS. Aim for the bushes?

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Everlong and My Hero are my favourite two Foo songs.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I feel like FF are one of those bands where there's a pretty clear answer lol. I will say Wasting Light is REALLY fucking good though, that's my second favorite

14. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

One by One. Sorry, Dave.

offislandghost likes this.
  15. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

TCATS
    Wasting Light
    TINLTL
    Foo Fighters
    Echoes
    Sonic Highways
    One by One
    Concrete and Gold
    In Your Honor

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Subject to change with a discography run I'm starting today, but...

There Is Nothing Left to Lose
    The Colour and the Shape
    Wasting Light
    Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace
    In Your Honor
    Foo Fighters
    Sonic Highways
    One by One
    Concrete & Gold

New one, so far, probably slots in somewhere in the middle. If I'm ranking In Your Honor discs, then the acoustic disc probably jumps to fourth and the electric disc probably falls a slot or two. TCATS has one of the greatest batches of rock radio singles ever, but isn't as solid overall for me as TINLTL. Always felt like I enjoyed Echoes more than most; just really love where they go with their sound on that album starting with "Stranger Things Have Happened."

Gianni28 and JRGComedy like this.
  17. phaynes12

i like the stuff on echoes that sounds more like the eagles than the acoustic stuff. statues and erase replace come to mind.

18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

If someone asked me, I’d say Foo Fighters are the biggest (fully active) band in rock music, and have been for a very long time.

Is that an agreed upon thing?

Even though I follow them from a distance at this point, I think they are a hugely likeable group of musicians that have had huge impact on multiple styles of music (grunge, punk, emo, indie, alt rock, etc) and still seem to be down to earth fun likeable guys.

footiepajamaz and Gianni28 like this.
  19. Craig Manning

My favorite stuff on that album has a very classic feel. Definitely "Statues." "Summer's End," too.

They're definitely in the conversation. Probably along with, like, Coldplay.

20. phaynes12

spotify numbers would tell you differently

21. phaynes12

like, they aren’t on the level of U2 or AC/DC or Metallica. those older bands are far more ubiquitous. tame impala is much newer but has much bigger widespread appeal.

22. Craig Manning

I was going to say U2...I don’t think many acts period can rival them as a live draw. But do they still count as “fully active”?

23. phaynes12

they’ve toured regularly and dropped two albums the last decade, no? foo fighters is basically the same with three albums i think?

24. Craig Manning

This new one will be the fourth Foos album in a decade, and I think their tours have been more frequent. I’d have to look back, though.

25. phaynes12

right, i was counting the 2010s. i wouldn’t be shocked if we get a u2 album this year or next. per setlist.fm they toured every year except 2012 and were pretty big road dogs 5 of those years