Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Fall of Troy Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Aug 7, 2020.

?

slow down, this is slipping through my mind

1. The Fall of Troy

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Doppelganger

20 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Manipulator

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Phantom on the Horizon

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. In the Unlikely Event

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. OK

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New album this week!

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm somewhere between Doppelganger and Ghost Ship. Those demos were my shit back in the day.

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Doppelganger. Didn't realize a new album was here, so I'll have to check that out.

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Phantom. That thing is so damn good. I do love almost all their albums though.

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Need to go Manipulator...to this day haven’t heard anything as (as I would describe it) unhingedly catchy

waking season and TriangularDuck like this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I wish they had the level of production of Phantom at the time of the Ghostship demos...both are amazing though.

I always love that they were able to be such a great band with a very mediocre singer. Erak has such an incredible playing style, wish he was recognized for it more. He got so much recognition for it during Doppelgänger but kind of fizzled out. His side projects weren’t that great.

past phantoms it’s almost like his skill outpaced his ability for melody, which happens to a lot of technically focused bands imo

7. Has to be Doppelgänger for me. Manipulator and Phantom are both great too but neither quite shattered me like that one did at the time

waking season likes this.
  8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Doppelgänger for sure, it blew my mind when I was 14 and became one of the albums that defined high school for me. Manipulator, Phantom on the Horizon, and The Fall of Troy were very important to me as well but Doppelgänger was my first exposure to the band.

9. I remember being a little bummed by Manipulator at first because it wasn’t as heavy hitting as Doppelgänger, but then I saw them a couple months later with RXB and Maps & Atlases and they obviously played a bunch from songs from it. God damn do those songs go off live, immediately made me turn around on the record

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I remember really disliking Manipulator when it came out, but don't remember why

11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Doppelgänger always gave me this paranoid vibe in the best possible way, like I’m being followed or watched.

12. sawhney[rusted]2

You ever read the House of Leaves? Was a heavy influence on the record and it totally works

I’m more partial to some of the more “indie” leaning guitar tones on the s/t than Doppelgänger. Manipulator was the first album where they really stepped into their own imo, and man does it groove. It’s just so much fun!

13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I bought it after finding out they were influenced by it but I never finished. I think I still have it somewhere, should give it another go. It’s probably an easier read at 27 than it was at 14 haha.

I really love the production/mixing on Manipulator, the bass and drums particularly sound great. The Dark Trail is one of my absolute favorite songs of theirs.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]2

There’s no way in hell I would have understood what was going on in that book at 14 haha

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Gonna have to go with Manipulator.

16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

defs Doppelganger. Phantom has some super dope shit but I find it way overproduced, I really wish they would have gone with a rawer mix for that one

Manipulator has some vibes but I truly cannot stand Erak's voice on some of that album, he gives me a headache

new album is dope as hell!

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The lyrics to Introverting Dimensions are so fucking cool. The delivery on the lines from “Help!” to “Now I see it over there?!” might be my favorite Erak vocal moment.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. soggytime

Trusted

Honestly I think my first exposure to the band was Guitar Hero. FCPREMIX was one of the tougher songs I believe and I remember deciding to check out their other work. My mind was blown