Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Broken Social Scene Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Apr 11, 2019.

?

Lover's Spit left on repeat

1. Feel Good Lost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. You Forgot it in People

24 vote(s)
    77.4%
  3. Broken Social Scene

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. Forgiveness Rock Record

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. Hug of Thunder

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New release this week!

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

You Forgot it in People, along with Stars- Heart, got me into this whole Canadian indie scene.

PLUS, this song has one of my top five riffs of all time.

adeadgod likes this.
  3. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

The self-titled will always have a special place in my heart because it was one of the first albums my wife burned for me when we started dating.

adeadgod likes this.
  4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like you should've included Bee Hives in this poll.

5. radiodead

Trusted

1. You Forgot It In People- The single most important indie rock record for me. It encapsulates everything I loved about the indie boom of the aughts. When I first heard it it was unlike anything I had ever heard. It felt impenetrable at the time (which seems crazy now). It opened up my ears to a whole new style of music that was about to boom. Peeling back the layers over the years it is such a great pop album that takes so many chances. It meanders just the perfect amount as it hops styles. And the big ones are mammoths. Anthems, Almost Crimes, Cause=Time, and Lovers Spit are indie rock canon.

2. Broken Social Scene
    3. Hug of Thunder
    4. Forgiveness Rock Record
    5. Bee Sides
    6. Feel Good Lost

Let’s Try the After sounds great.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have so many memories attached to You Forgot It that every album after unfortunately could never compare. Easy choice.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kinda surprised by how few responses this has

radiodead likes this.
  8. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Same here. I feel like it's a lot more one-sided than these usually are, too.

radiodead likes this.
  9. radiodead

Trusted

I feel like I’m getting too old for this site haha. One of the tent pole bands of the 00’s barely registers around these parts.

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Incredible band with an incredible discography. I think BSS is my favorite just because I return to it the most, though I like all the others for different reasons including Bee Hives, the solo records, and the EPs.

radiodead likes this.