Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite Bring Me the Horizon Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Dec 27, 2019.

?

I will never sleep

1. Count Your Blessings

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Suicide Season

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. There Is a Hell Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven Let's Keep It a Secret.

26 vote(s)
    37.7%
  4. Sempiternal

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. That's the Spirit

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. Amo

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rank em, tell us why, or just pick one.

Link to all of the other polls here. You can leave suggestions for new polls there or here. Whatevs.

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not a fan of this band, but I voted for Count Your Blessings just because it has a song called "Tell Slater Not To Wash His Dick"

amorningofsleep likes this.
  3. Sempiternal, though it has a few duds. There Is A Hell gets too intense front to back but it is really close.

4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Sempiternal and Amo are pretty good, and I think "There Is Hell" is probably their most cohesive full album.

That being said, That's The Spirit has some of their absolute best songwriting to date, from True Friends, to Doomed, to Drown, to Oh No. Bangers, through and through.

5. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Not a fan of anything pre-Sempiternal. I voted for amo, but it could have been That's the Spirit.

6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Amo for me closely by Sempiternal.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

I voted for There is a Hell..., but I don’t particularly love any record from this band, just casually enjoy a few songs from each release.

8. sukottokairu

Regular

sempiternal is such a great album. wish they would revisit that style.

9. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

The results for this are pretty in line with my love for this band; started out rough, got great (Hell), peaked with Sempiternal, and has been iffy since. Sempiternal was the exact sound I wanted them to go in, and they knocked it out of the park with that album.

I remember checking out Amo earlier this year and digging it a bit, but I never went back to it.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Sempiternal is great musically but the lyrics are straight trash so I’m going with There Is a Hell...

11. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

Count Your Blessings!

12. Just did a long car drive over the weekend and listened to each album, newest to oldest.

It's really hard for me to pick a favorite. I like every album and they each fit a different mood, which I think is great. Ultimately I think my favorite would be There Is A Hell partly for nostalgia and also partly because it's just a damn good album. I think amo would be my second favorite, it took me way by surprise.

13. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I enjoyed a song or two off of Suicide Season. Nothing they've done after that has interested me at all.

14. chelsealouanne Dec 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 30, 2019)
    chelsealouanne

Regular

I've been a fan since Suicide Season, but There Is A Hell... always will get my vote. There was a lot of growth between these records, and the sounds on There Is A Hell... are elements they have carried onto the releases after. The lyrical content is my favourite, where it sort of took a downhill turn afterwards (especially on That's the Spirit).

I'm actually surprised Sempiternal isn't in the lead yet - I know most joined the BMTH wagon with that release, as those who weren't fans of their previous work were fans of Sempiternal.

Christian Romero likes this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The new EP is bad

abcdefg123 likes this.
  16. Nah it’s good. I can see myself listening to it a bunch as background music

17. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I tried giving another chance to There Is a Hell today and it's officially not for me. Too much screaming for me.

18. chelsealouanne

Regular

Hey, at least you gave it another listen! I'm very picky when it comes to vocals that are not clean (I listen to very few bands that do this), but I think they did it best here than CYB & SS, but I can understand why it may not be for some on "There is a Hell..." still!

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I get what you mean. Even though there is still a lot of screaming on Sempiternal, there's something in the style of the songs and how the screams are delivered on that album that I like, but it isn't there on previous albums.

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

There Is Hell gets my vote, but I'm not super huge on these guys.

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious