Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite blink-182 Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jan 10, 2019.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I think Waggy is my favorite song though with Asthenia likely second

AVanMill17 likes this.
  2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I like my blink radio ready and poppy. So it’s Enema by a mile, though I like all of them to some degree.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. DesolateEarth

Birb

Stay Together For The Kids is definitely my favorite pre-Untitled Blink song. Such a strong foreshadowing of what sound was to come on the next album.

4. DesolateEarth

Birb

I feel like this is the only appropriate reaction to Blink 182.

David Parke likes this.
  5. zachmacD

Trusted

When I first heard Blink, I was in third grade and the album was Enema of the state. I didn’t know “What's my age again” and “all the small things” were by the same band until my friend let me listen to it on a school trip and I fell in love.

Looking back, I still love that album but my order would be

Untitled
    TOYPAJ
    EOTS
    Neighborhoods
    California

Untitled is an album I could listen to straight through at pretty much anytime.

I have a blink playlist that I listen to and anytime I hear and song and think “oh man, I forgot how much I love this song”, TOYPAJ is always the album it’s from.

EOTS speaks for its self. Great production and such a fun record.

Neighborhoods is so much better now that I’ve actually given it a chance.

As far as California, I just cannot get into guys in their 40s singing about naked dudes in a pool. Old blink reminds me of high school while California blink reminds me of dudes who wish they were still in highschool. No hate to anyone who likes it though

6. Ryhaan

Growing out of adolescence and breaking through to my mid-late twenties, I do acknowledge that while Untitled may be the superior sonically overall, superior in structure/production, and ultimately more fulfilling front-to-back, I still have a soft spot for Dude Ranch, just because of how repayable it is and how game-changing it was. Ranking below:

7. Cheshire
    6. Enema
    5. California
    4. Neighborhoods
    3. TOYP&J
    2. Untitled
    1. Dude Ranch

7. oneeightytwo

Regular

So hard to choose. Untitled is a classic but TOYPAJ just has so many good memories attached to it.

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

1. Enema
    2. S/T
    3. Dude Ranch
    4. Take Off Your Pants & Jacket
    5. Neighborhoods
    6. California
    7. Cheshire Cat

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Untitled
    Dude Ranch
    Enema
    TOYPAJ
    California
    Cheshire Cat
    Neighborhoods

10. kiguel182

Regular

Untitled by a long shot.

One of my favorite rock albums of all time. They really hit off the park and unfortunately never got close to that. Love the experimentation, the lyrics and production.

TOYPAJ might be my less favorite since the lyrics are just really bad, especially given their age. A bunch of 30 year old dudes playing teenagers.

Neighbourhoods is a mess, shame they didn't record it all in the same place since there's some good ideas there.

California is hard to listen to from start to finish since it's so samey and tiring. There's good stuff there but those "na na nas" and the length kill it for me as an album.

Enema is classic pop-punk, and their earlier stuff is rough but great and showed promise.

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Definitive Ranking:
    Dude Ranch
    Enema
    Untitled
    TOYPAJ
    CC/Buddha
    Garbage
    Nu-182

12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Enema

13. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Untitled
    TOYPAJ
    EOTS
    California
    Dude Ranch
    Haven't really given the rest much listen.

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

15. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

1. blink-182 (favorite album of all time)
    2. Neighborhoods
    3. Take Off Your Pants And Jacket
    4. Enema Of The State
    5. California
    6. Dude Ranch
    7. Cheshire Cat

16. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

Their untitled album will be my favorite of theirs until the day I die.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  17. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Until the day I diiiiiieee

Sorry wrong band

David Parke and JulieLynn like this.
  18. djgeneral

Regular

This is hard as FFFFFFFFF.

Enema Of The State - Contains my single favorite song from the band (Adam's Song) and is just an all-around great pop/punk album that gives me great memories of the 2000s. It was simple at times but very effective. It was a silly and serious, and contains just some fantastic memories with the band.

TOYPAJ - This one is really catchy. I think it is a bit too pop for some people but there is still countless moments on here that I would consider "Classic blink". I also love all the endless bonus tracks on this one

Blink-182 - This album... I remember being in junior high and begging my parents to get this album in 2003 and they would only allow me to get the clean version lol. But I was obsessed with this album. Maybe some of the best lyrics they wrote overall and I absolutely love the song with Robert. But it has a couple of clunkers and kinda goes up and down through the album. I have the most memories with it

Neighborhoods - I remember this album pretty great as well. I was so excited the band was coming back together and doing this. I think it gets shit on a lot, but there are still moments of blink that made them who they are. I would put it in the middle of their output of work.

California - This was just okay. Not the biggest fan of Matt, but all things considered, judging on just an album they tried the best they could and I think they had good intentions of making it, but it's just not something I go back and re-visit.

Cheshire Cat/Dude Ranch - Honestly, I don't really listen to these albums. I've onlny heard the album cuts once each maybe a couple twice. I might have to go back and investigate them more. The singles, including Dammit and Josie are absolutely fantastic though.