Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Poll: Favorite blink-182 Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Hard to choose between Dude Ranch and untitled; they're basically the best outputs from both generations of this band

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I like Untitled a fair amount but man, blink will always be the most overhyped band

Contender, CarpetElf, Groogz and 2 others like this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hey man, some people just want to fuck a dog.

4. S/T or untitled, whatever that one is.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

6. Joe4th

[​IMG]

7. BTDandFeelingThis

That’s a great red x over a landscape there

8. Joe4th

9. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

11. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t care about any of these albums lol

bachna84 and SlappinCups like this.
  13. BTDandFeelingThis

14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell no. I’d rather do anything than listen to those.

SlappinCups likes this.
  15. BTDandFeelingThis

Would you rather listen to Built This Pool on a 1 week loop?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Sure thing haha

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  17. DesolateEarth

Birb

Untitled easily.

Kingjohn_654 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I think Untitled is easily the “best” album with the best songs and the best lyrics.

However I think of which album had the biggest impact on my life: EOTS. Certainly it was an album lyrically with issues, but what those songs did to a young me and how they helped branch/develop my musical taste was impeccable.

The nostalgia of EOTS is unlike any other. Many albums had a huge impact on my life, but this must have been the biggest. Maybe. the 59’ Sound is close.

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I’m not really a blink fan but I had a phase as a kid where I really liked TOYPAJ so I voted for that.

20. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

My two cents, for what they're worth.

Untitled is their overall best album, with "Feeling This" a contender for their best song. That album's my favorite thing they've done.

TOYPAJ has better songs than Enema but doesn't have as much of that obnoxious in-your-face attitude, so when I want that, I put on Enema, but if I want top-shelf pop-punk, TOYPAJ wins.

Neighborhoods is far better than I originally thought, and with each successive listen I find myself liking it more and more. I listen to it when I'm going for a more rock/"experimental" (by certain definitions) sound without losing catchy choruses. Similarly, California is in a sense a more rock version of the TOYPAJ/Enema vibe, and I do enjoy that sound as well. I guess I think California:TOYPAJ::Neighborhoods:Untitled.

But I could put any of those albums on at any time and I wouldn't be disappointed.

In fairness, although I'm certainly heard the other albums, I haven't taken much time to listen to them, so I don't feel like ranking/evaluating them would be worth anything.

theasteriskera likes this.
  21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’ve said it a million times in the blink thread but I like the heavier, more aggressive production on TOYPAJ over the glossy sugary Enema. Both are great, both lyrics are largely garbage with some gems.

Untitled is rad. The sound selection and layers are unreal and the flow of it as an album is beautiful, even thematically both musically and lyrically, which a member of blink has only been marched once, on When Your Heart Stops Beating.

Dude Ranch is the only album I’d entertain as being better than untitled. It’s the epitome of pop punk, the production and songwriting is more raw and snotty, which works better when it’s not as polished (ie Enema) for me. And Mark’s songs are great. Apple Shampoo is maybe my favorite blink song.

Cheshire is fun even if it’s a Descendents rip-off record, their personalities and quirks still shine through.

Neighborhoods is inconsistent and largely misses, but After Midnight is blink magic at it’s near best.

California is fine. A retread and I don’t like about half of it but it’s not as low as Neighborhoods worst moments.

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Untitled
    Enema
    Dude Ranch
    TOYPAJ
    Neighborhoods
    California
    Cheshire

Untitled is the only one I’d like if I heard for the first time today but I still listen to the top 4 a good amount

Contender and bradsonemanband like this.
  23. Maverick

Trusted

When will fans learn that the untitled album isn’t self titled? Either way, Enema Of The State pretty much saved my life in high school so that’s what gets my vote. Followed very closely by untitled.

moore182 and David Parke like this.
  24. Linton9488

Regular

Untitled is my fave. I really like California and the other songs from those sessions. Wildfire is awesome. That being said, TOYPAJ and Enema are probably ahead of California for me.

David Parke likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

k.

I went off the wiki for their discography.

Joe4th likes this.