Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Discussions: Sequels or remakes that you actually want to see • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jul 8, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't know if Wayne's World as a YouTube channel would be a great idea or a terrible idea

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Regarding Gremlins. I am going to be an annoying purist and insist that the Gremlins be puppets and animatronics instead of CGI.

3. Liz

Ew, David

This isn't really a sequel I don't guess, but I just want them to make The Girl Who Played With Fire (with Rooney Mara as Lisbeth again, of course)

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. BKO5950505

Regular

I'd like to remake the movie Kazaam with Shaquille O'Neal where he plays a genie and I'd like to get it right.

Anthony Brooks and popdisaster00 like this.
  5. But it's already perfect

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. duermete

Long Lost Ceiling

I want nothing more than an Animorphs reboot

Whalejaw and Garrett L. like this.
  7. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Right on.

8. EasyBang

I'm crossing my fingers for a live-action Cadillacs and Dinosaurs film.

Also, God help me, if Nicolas Winding Refn ends up making a Batgirl movie, I will die of happiness. And if he casts Emma Stone, I'll come back to life and my head will explode.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  9. red8ge

Regular

I'd kill for a Small Soldiers sequel/soft reboot. With the advent of shooting games and technology since that movie, I think you could probably make something poignant and smart.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. The Other Guys 2
    Scott Pilgrim 2

Maybe a live adaptation of a Ghibli film, like Princess Mononoke? Or how about a live action Pokemon?? Haha

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Cabin in the Woods... but one of the other installations we saw briefly mentioned, ie Madrid or Tokyo. Kinda like how they're handling the Cloverfield "expanded" world.

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I'd like to see a remake of Timecop with a better actor and director.

13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

A film sequel of sorts to Freaks and Geeks would be great.

Doesn't have to have the same name; shouldn't really have the same premise. Have it star Linda Cardellini as an adult Lindsay. Maybe as a mom, but make it still her perspective, not a kid's perspective. Have some other returning cast, maybe some as cameo and some as main cast, but don't lean into fan service in any way that derails or cheapens the film.

After rewatching the series this past week, I really want to revisit her character. I think it'd be so much fun to briefly spend time with her at a totally different stage in her life.

domotime2 and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

It would take place around 1997 at this point.

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Which I'd be perfectly alright with! lol. I wanna see what her life looks like now. Who is still around? Who's completely forgotten (not every main cast member needs mentioned). Did anyone die? Did she get married? Kids? Job? One of the clear highlights was watching Lindsay, backed by a strong performance from Cardellini, navigate high school the best she could. What's she navigating now?

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  16. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

How about the 1991 film Toy Soldiers?

The movie is about a boarding school getting taken over by terrorists and a group of students fight back and take them down. Pretty much every school boy's fantasy.

Given the state of both terrorism and guns in schools these days I doubt this movie could be remade, but I was always a big fan of it.

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

They did remake Red Dawn, but that was along the lines of a foreign enemy taking over the country

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I really want a Rounders sequel. I've been hearing rumors about it forever. I just love those characters so damn much.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

a modern Willy Wonka where the Oompa Loompas shame kids for walking directly into a vat of chocolate while staring at their phones

20. joe727 Jul 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 15, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I'm convinced that a remake of 1989's The Wizard has the potential to be a hit. With popularity of eSports, and the increased awareness of the Autism Spectrum I think that plot could really resonate with a large segment of modern kids and teens.

21. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

It'd never happen now that Wes Craven has passed, but I watched Wes Craven's New Nightmare for the first time the other night and I was thinking it'd be really cool to see that meta concept adapted to Scream.

It could be about a dark tragic event that happened on the set of the original Scream and was kept secret, and 20 years later someone dons the Ghostface mask and starts going after the original cast and only Neve Campbell can stop him/her.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

this is a cool choice!

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Henry Winkler snaps and goes on a killing spree

joe727 likes this.
  24. Well now that the first one was excellent, I'd like a Ghostbusters sequel please

DarkHotline likes this.
  25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I'd love to see something like that come out, if done right mind you.

joe727 likes this.