Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Discussion: Movies you love that had poor critical reception • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

You can safely remove the word probably here.

Eric likes this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Batman v Superman
    ALL the Saw sequels

Can't think of others ATM

3. Colby Searcy

4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Awesome, I didn't know you were a BvS fan too! I enjoyed every Saw sequel except the last and thought 4-5 were just okay.

5. carlosonthedrums Jun 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2016)
    carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I will proudly back up the love for TASM2. The problems with that film are very obvious, but Andrew and Emma were terrific in their roles, going back to even the first film. Marc Webb does such great character work that he was still able to make all of those moments shine amidst the studio meddling.

justinbullock, OwainGlyndwr and Tim like this.
  6. Colby Searcy

I've only seen it once but look forward to buying the Ultimate Edition on Blu-Ray to watch the extended cut. As for Saw, I just thoroughly enjoy Jigsaw's story and how they kept expanding it. Definitely a big horror fan though and they don't get very good critical response typically.

7. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Clash of the Titans. The one with Sam Worthington in it.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also not sure if I'd call Ghost Rider a good movie but that was certainly one of the more fun movies to watch

9. ABrandNewFireInside

For your health!

My favorite movie when I was a kid, 1986's 'Rad', has the record on Rotten Tomatoes for largest space between tomatometer (0%) and audience score (91%). Other favorites of mine include Heavyweights (29% vs 78%), Out Cold (8% vs 84%) and Grandma's Boy (16% vs 85%). For your health!

BKO5950505, Lamps and popdisaster00 like this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hot Rod

11. Collins

Trusted

off the top of my head, Sucker Punch and House of Wax (remake)

I love Austin Powers 2. I don't remember how the critics responded but I watched that movie so much when I was a kid and my sister and I quoted it all the time.

Kiana likes this.
  12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

[​IMG]

DarkHotline likes this.
  13. Collin Skeen

Regular

Paul Blart 2 is literally one of the most absurd and fantastic films I've ever seen.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  14. Eric

Regular

Dude, I just bought the Austin Powers trilogy and watched through them after probably not watching them for 10 years and they're still hilarious!

Pretty sure all three films got mixed reviews though. Like critics said they were funny but kinda a mess. Definitely nowhere near as bad as like The Love Guru reviews haha

collin512 likes this.
  15. Collins

Trusted

The urinal scene in the first movie is one of my favorite scenes of all time haha. I always get a little giddy when I see it being played on TV. I swear growing up TBS played the first two movies ALL THE TIME

Eric likes this.
  16. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yep. That/Black Sheep and then Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore were the ones that sprung to mind for me.

17. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Also, backing the Hot Rod love with a fury. Masterpiece.

18. I've only seen it once, but I remember really enjoying it haha

I know for a fact Scary Movie 3 still makes me laugh, probably more than any of the others. I'm gonna go ahead and say, again, I've only seen it once, but Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 was a fine Zombie/horror flick and similar enough to the first that I don't think it deserved the critical consensus it got.

But more than anything, Tusk. I know it's not a great movie. I know a lot of people probably expected more, but I think that's on them. I will never forget seeing it in theaters with my roommates and just being in complete awe that it existed and how Kevin Smith got Justin Long, Haley Joel-Osment and Johnny Depp to be a part of it. Crazy, crazy movie, but also good fun outside of some of the more drawn-out monologues.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Hot Rod is amazing

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Came here to say this. I do love it though.

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  21. Damn, Tusk is a good one. I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it after watching it the first time. Within a few days, I knew I loved it. The first full reveal of Justin Long as the walrus had my jaw on the floor.

Colby Searcy and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I definitely at least like it. Tom Green is really interesting to me as an individual as well. I've read and listened to interviews with him, and he seems a lot smarter and more thoughtful than people would probably expect him to be.

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I've always had a soft spot for him and felt like Freddy Got Fingered was misunderstood and ahead of its time really. The humor is "alternative" for sure but there's a LOT of really solid bits in it. I get why people didn't love it, but I always hear people say how terrible it is, and it's definitely not.

michaelvalerijr and Dean like this.
  24. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

i tried to watch the first amazing spiderman this weekend and couldn't get through it. only seen either one once in theaters.

25. Speaking of Spiderman...I stand by the Sam Raimi movies being better than TASM. Partially because of nostalgia, but still.

This comes from somebody who doesn't particularly care about comic books or the MCU, so take that with a grain of salt.