Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weekly Discussion: Most anticipated film of summer 2016

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, May 26, 2016.

1. Titles I'm anxious to see:

Popstar: Never Stop Popping
    Finding Dory
    Swiss Army Man
    Independence Day 2
    Star Trek Beyond
    The Founder
    Sausage Party
    War Dogs

Finding Dory or ID2 might be near the top for me, but damn it's kind of a weak summer for movies.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

suicide squad for Cara and Margot not Jared
    Hoping central intelligence is good because Ike wrote it

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think mine was the Nice Guys. The Lobster as well, but I don't know when that's getting a wide release. I'll likely see Finding Dory, the BFG, Star Trek: Beyond and Ghostbusters. On the fence about Suicide Squad.

Interested-ish in Captain Fantastic as well, though again, not sure what it's release will look like. I have strong feelings about Viggo Mortensen.

My affinity for Kristen Stewart is going up against my loathing of Woody Allen in Cafe Society. I haven't seen an Allen film since Blue Jasemine, and am trying to reconcile if I'll see anything new he produces again. If I do so, it'll be in a way that doesn't financially benefit Allen, at the very least.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

Summer is almost always the worst season for seeing anything interesting in theaters, but new Spielberg and Woody Allen will be worth seeing. If the rumors about Weightless coming out are true, that would be number one.

5. Kind of surprised you're interested in BFG - looks a bit mediocre to me.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

I did not even know he had a film coming out until I looked at what films were coming out. Spielberg has done enough to make his new films required viewing.

7. That's fair. I'm interested in his adaptation of Ready Player One.

8. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Popstar
    Finding Dory
    Independence Day Resurgence
    Swiss Army Man
    Captain Fantastic
    Cafe Society
    Don't Think Twice
    Jason Bourne
    Suicide Squad
    Sausage Party
    War Dogs
    Don't Breathe

There are more I'm interested in seeing, but none that really reel me in and get me excited. Maybe some positive buzz will get me stoked for a few others, but summers have been pretty weak for hype the last several years IMO.

9. marceting

Trusted

Anything A24 comes out with (Swiss Army Man, The Lobster), anything with Alicia Vikander (Jason Bourne) and Suicide Squad.

10. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I got a Bluray rip of The Lobster online and it was so good. Going to try to see it in a theater.

Off the top of my head I'm excited about Swiss Army Man and Suicide Squad.

angrycandy likes this.
  11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Curious, why are people excited about Swiss Army Man? This is the Daniel Radcliffe farting corpse movie right? It looks offensively bad to me.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

A24 has put forth a lot of really great movies. Under the Skin, the Witch, and Spring Breakers are some of my favorites of the last couple years. They are usually interesting, often really quality.

13. Total unique story with great leads. Looks hilarious

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Kind of an uninteresting slate of summer movies this year for me but I do love me some Lonely Island (and Hot Rod) so I'm hoping Popstar delivers.

15. popstar and ghostbusters and swiss army man

popdisaster00 likes this.
  16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm most excited for Suicide Squad and Ghostbusters. Maybe I'll see some cool movies I don't know anything about, too.

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The Conjuring 2
    Don't Breathe
    Suicide Squad to support my bb Cara but I may redbox it cause idk if I wanna deal with Leto all up in my business

I think that's all.

18. ghostedaway Jun 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2016)
    ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Suicide Squad
    Finding Dory
    Ghostbusters
    Popstar
    Don't Breathe

I feel like there's another animated film I was interested in

Edit: Kubo and the Two Strings is it

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Holy shit just watched the trailer for Swiss Army Man, and it's looks so good. I totally forgot that's the one Andy Hull is doing the soundtrack for too. So excited.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

And Don't Breathe looks great.

21. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Isn't The Secret Lives of Pets out next month? If so, that.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

forgot about Kubo and the Two Strings, disappointed that a story set in Japan has only 2 Asian American voice actors but it still looks beautiful

popdisaster00 likes this.
  23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

- Ghostbusters, because I fully expect it to be a decent summer comedy and want the "ruining our childhood" crowd to suffer.
    - The Purge: Election Year. Could be fun.
    - Suicide Squad I have high hopes for.
    - Finding Dory is next week!
    - The Conjuring 2 since the early reviews are good.

24. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

The Nice Guys is almost certainly going to be my favorite thing until the heavy hitters for awards season come along.

- I'll see Bourne, but I can't say I'm super excited for it. Hope it's decent.
    - Kubo I'll probably see, because Laika are a super talented group of people
    - I'll see The Founder, but I'm a little worried it might end up as a fairly run of the mill biopic. Keaton is always great though.
    - Weiner-Dog might actually be the thing I'm most excited for the next couple months. I love Greta Gerwig.

Anything else I don't really care about or will just wait for Netflix. I don't really care about Ghostbusters, old ones or otherwise, but I hope it succeeds just to make all the nerd MRAs mad.