Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wedding Songs - Suggestions Needed

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ellie117, Nov 18, 2018.

1. ellie117

south jersey. Supporter

I'm getting married next month, and I'm looking for alternative love songs for a few specific moments. I've read some lists online but there's always too much country or Wonderwall on them.
    Our first dance is Come Away With Me by Norah Jones, and I'll Catch You by TGUK will be another slow dance song, but now I'm looking for some other good alt/classic pop punk/indie love songs for things like cake cutting, mother-daughter dance, and other dances throughout the night.

Thanks!

2. MikeERayner

Trusted

The only "love" songs we played at our wedding were straight after the ceremony and were:

Storybook Love - Mark Knopfler
    My Favourite Thing - Silverchair
    Of Crows and Crowns - Dustin Kensrue
    Didn't Have You - Tim Minchin
    Pistol - Dustin Kensrue
    Days Like This - Van Morrison
    By Your Side - Daniel Johns (Silverchair)
    Lover of the Light - Mumford & Sons
    Never Tear Us Apart - INXS

3. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Here’s some from my wedding playlist (most of which are fun and we used as background music during the dinner):

Cadence - Anberlin
    Angels - the xx
    No Need For Dreaming - MisterWives
    Picture - MuteMath
    Sidekick - WALK THE MOON
    Pretend - Paper Route
    Out Of My League - Fitz and the Tantrums

ellie117 likes this.
  4. Sofus

Hooray!

You are great, man :3

As an alternative, you could ask your friends who are friendly with musical instruments to help you in this. I think, that original musical background is something you could really remember with your beloved.

On my wedding I asked a wedding band to accompany me and my wife Sara. It was one of those moments when you for real are ready to save the music and first kiss of your wife in your heart. As I did so :3

5. waterloobeam

Regular

Congratulations!

I was made for you by rivers cuomo comes to mind in terms of pop punk.

Matrimony I, Matrimony II by Tennis

6. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

Can’t go wrong with Lovesong by The Cure. There’s also plenty of covers of it if you’re looking for slightly different vibes. Kevin Devine’s is solid

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Hellogoodbye - oh, it is love