Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wedding Help: Mother/Son Dance Song

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Corey Putney, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Guys! I get married this weekend and the only thing I have yet to do is pick a song for the mother/son dance. I've done countless google searches, checked threads on Reddit, etc. but everything I find is either too corny or too cliche. I've literally put hours into this, lol.

Not anything too sappy, but something you could sort of slow dance too. I feel like every time I think one works there's a couple questionable lines that make it very obviously not applicable and maybe a little creepy.

Suggestions, please!

2. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Might be too sappy, but I’m planning on using You’ll Be In My Heart (Phil Collins). Mainly cause my mom and I have a connection to the song though

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Beautiful Boy by John Lennon comes to mind

Also congrats

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Mine was Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight", but it's something I remember her playing in the house since I was a little kid. I didn't tell her what I picked either, it was a surprise. She started crying when it came on, but it was just a genuine moment and something I won't forget.

Was a change of pace from our First Dance song, which was Saves the Day. :blush:

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Time After Time, maybe? Not too slow, and no cringy lyrics

6. Dog with a Blog

7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Better -- Celine Dion's cover

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What are some of your mom’s favorite songs? That’s how I picked mine. I did Simple Man because it’s one of her favorite songs.

9. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

this is what I did and I cried all over my mom during the dance haha

Dog with a Blog and Mrplum5089 like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

r u spam

jorbjorb and theagentcoma like this.