Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Website Update Announcements (Updated: July 21, 2020) • Page 9

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Mar 11, 2016.

1. It’s garbage. It makes me so mad.

2. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

@Jason Tate Have you ever ran an Instagram ad for Chorus? I'm thinking of doing one for my photography website, and if you have, want to see if it was an effective thing to do

3. The Mike Herrera podcast episode had one ran for it but I've never actually run one myself. I think @EntryLevelDave might know way more about that sort of stuff than me, I just never got into all the social media ad stuff. Probably to my detriment, but alas.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  4. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Ahh, gotcha!

@EntryLevelDave yeah if you happen to know about that stuff, I'd love to know more!

5. EntryLevelDave

"I Would Do Anything For Love" Slaps. Supporter

Hey @Ferrari333SP - Yep! That's my fulltime job. Feel free to PM me and I can answer any questions you've got.

6. EntryLevelDave

"I Would Do Anything For Love" Slaps. Supporter

Meh, it mostly just funds horrific companies You're better off lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

@Jason Tate how does one submit a piece of news now? Can't find a link on the homepage anymore, haha

New track from The Midnight, Dance With Somebody

8. Ferrari333SP likes this.
  9. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Ahhh, yeah I thought it would be at the bottom of the main page, but it just kept scrolling, so I then found it within Options. Cool cool

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Jason Tate Jun 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2020)
    June 17, 2020
    • I made a few adjustments to the advertisements in the forums. I brought over the code I'm using on the main website to display ads in a better (more streamlined and faster) way on the website and to keep consistency. I also added a new "become a member" spot on the top of threads (an idea I borrowed from Letterboxd) to encourage people to become a member because, I get it, ads really fucking suck. It's why I have three tiers of membership, including the $25 one that is basically 2 bucks a month, to remove them and view the website the way it's mean to be. Fast, clean, and without all the extra ad stuff on there. Right now, I can't run the website without the ads because they make up about half the revenue, but I really do think the ad free version of the website is a game changer. So, yeah, minor little tweaks, but it keeps both the forum and main website working the same in regard to displaying ads and all that.

Jacob Tender and Ferrari333SP like this.
  11. June 18, 2020
    • New supporter perk: Supporting members now have the option to see even more posts, threads, and conversations per page. No longer be held back by the measly 45 posts per page, now you can see what life is like with 55 or even 65 posts per page if you'd like. You'll find the new options on your preferences page.
    Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.58.55 PM.jpg

Zoshchenko likes this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

65 here we gooooooo

I'd be down with 100, but I'm good with 65 for now

13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Are you going to add a "DDOS" option? Just want to know if I can help you stress test...

14. July 21, 2020
    • Twitter removed how I was detecting if a tweet was deleted when embedded, so I fixed the tweet embeds to once again show an error if it's been deleted/can't be rendered, instead of just not doing ... anything.