Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Website Update Announcements (Updated: February 16, 2024) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Clear your cache and then try. I'm guessing that CSS code is cached and not showing them (I heavily cache some of that stuff to speed up the pages).

"Read more" won't show up at all on the actual permalink though, since you're in the "read more" section.

Let me know if that doesn't work though.

2. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

The food thread exists already. We should make a new weed thread and invite D.C. haha....if that's still his name.

4. That thread is in the prestigious forum.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

Whooopppsss. Must've missed it when scrolling through. Thanks!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I found it a few days ago, but it seems like originally it was accessible to everyone (both on AP and Chorus initially) - Just curious, any reason you decided to keep it Prestigious?

edit: BTW, the new site looks great. Just gotta figure out how to get my shitty old phone to cooperate.

7. The reasoning is in the thread, right around here.

Thanks so much! Glad you like it. I also really like the mobile side of it, so I hope you do!

8. Mr. Serotonin

Sounds like there prolly won't be an app, but Jason wants to implement push notifications, which is really all we need. @s12sim

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

Haha, nah it's not a dumb question. I'm not exactly sure how it would work. With AP, I had a bookmark icon on my iphone, so I was kind of imagining push notifications could work through that? Total guess though...

10. Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

^^Thank you, haha

12. jorbjorb likes this.
  13. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Probably something along the likes of this Safari Push Notifications - Apple Developer

Chrome and Safari have their own implementations, but it's the same principle.

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. Jason Tate likes this.
  15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, there's time when I'll be gone for an hour or so and come back to 20+ notifications...would not want those being pushed to me at all if I was occupied with something else.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. jorbjorb

7 rings

lol all notifications on my phone are off except for messages.

I do like the notifications in the browser though. Goodjob Jason.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Big fan of the notifications thing

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. April 12, 2016 — updated.

19. Little minor addition to search results on the main site. If you're searching for something that has a tag page, now I return a little prompt to point you toward that page since it's a much better landing page for specific topics than a list of search results. Like if you're looking for "Brand New," hitting their tag page is probably what you want more than every post that has the words "brand new" in them on the site.

[​IMG]

8:37 PM - April 15, 2016

20. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

is the tour sub-forum gone? can't find it.

21. It's now listed on main forum page.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

wow. that's embarrassing that I missed that. thank you!

23. NotBruce

Regular

Not sure if this belongs here, but I can't seem to upload a cover photo. I cleared my cache, and tried it on multiple browsers. Am I doing something wrong? I'm seeing the pop-up box that (I'm assuming) has the upload tool, but it's just a blank window for me.

24. Make sure remember me is checked when you login.

25. NotBruce

Regular

Ah, yeah, that'll do it. I browse incognito at work. Thank you sir.

Jason Tate likes this.