Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Website Update Announcements (Updated: February 16, 2024) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Mar 11, 2016.

1. J.Dick

Regular

Not sure if anyone is having this issue but I am constantly being logged out.

2. Try clearing your cookies/cache in the browser. Then logging back in and making sure "remember me" is checked.

3. J.Dick

Regular

Will do.

4. Thanks! Lemme know if other issues arise.

5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I prolly just missed it, but how do I turn that on?

6. Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone else having the issue on their phones (iPhone 6S) where you go to click on the upper left menu icon (in the Forum.chorus.fm) and it quickly flashes the menu then goes away? For instance, if I have a notification, I'll click the icon and can't get into the menu to click on notifications.

This has happened a good 5 or 6 times. Sometimes I just double click out of my Google app and then it works fine, but sometimes it doesn't.

8. Working on fixing some Twitter embed issues. I think I got it working far better now. Not officially an update. But playing with it.

lightning13 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. August 11, 2016

Ok, I think I fixed a few of the Twitter issues with embeds throwing off jumping to specific posts in a thread. It can't really be, perfect, with how embedding from Twitter works, but I think I was able to get it pretty damn close. There may be a few times where Tweets get cut off, but rolling the mouse over it should fix it / touching it on iOS. I've been playing with it a lot over the past few days in the politics thread where I've been posting a looot of Tweets to see if I can break it/tweak it to get it to work right. I think it's about as good as it can be now.

10. September 13, 2016 - 5:06 PM

A polls forum has been added as a sub-forum off the general forum. This forum is for the creation of polls and voting in others. The goal is to clean up the general forum from being overrun with polls.

PandaBear! and scott like this.
  11. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I doubt this is the right place to ask this, but is there any way to have post notifications pop up on/under the community tab on the new front page.

Currently you have to click directly into community to see if you've been quoted or any posts updated.

Just curious cause that would be awesome.

12. It's possible but mostly for server load reasons I haven't done it. Keeping them both separated means I can serve that homepage as static files very, very quickly to lots of people. To grab the notification stuff means I'd be loading dynamic pages that are different for each visitor, which adds to the overhead. Not sure if you noticed, but if you keep the community open in a tab, you'll see a little (#) on the tab that does let you know if a new notification comes in.

13. December 18, 2017 - 5:50 PM

Forum members must be registered at least three days and have at least 20 posts before they can create a thread. This is to help avoid spam or people creating accounts just to make threads / self-promote.

14. February 23, 2018:

Added a search box to the followed threads page.

coleslawed and troyplaysbass like this.
  15. March 6, 2018:

Fixed a mobile error where long words/links would mess up the posting box and not properly wrap, causing issues.

16. Jason Tate Mar 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2018)
    March 29, 2018 - 2:51 PM

I've added some enhancements to search around the website. On desktop, when you are visiting a specific forum and you click the search box in the upper right there's now a checkbox (defaulted to checked) that will make sure your search only runs in the forum you're currently viewing.

View attachment 15756

This is usually what someone wants when they are searching in a specific forum, they're looking for either a post or a thread in that forum. However, if you'd like to search the entire site you can simply uncheck this box and the search will search the entire website. (You can also click More to go to the advanced search page with lot of different options for narrowing your search.)

This advanced search page was hidden on mobile before, however, I have added it to the action menu on all pages where it makes sense. (The action menu is the button in the upper right of the mobile view), clicking it now will give you a button for "advanced search" on the forums and in threads:

View attachment 15757

This will allow you to do some more advanced searching to find exactly what you are looking for while on mobile. Search specific forums, search titles only, and perform "search by member" searches as well.

All in all, some smaller updates, but I think they will make the website better and searching even easier.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  17. April 6, 2018
    • Small update to the recent activity/news feed section of the website to include smilies when viewing the pages. Before it would show the text rendition, but I think using the actual image/smilie just looks better.

18. April 9, 2018
    • New smilies. I have added over 70 new smilies into the website for your posting joy. Most of the new smilies can be found in the "extra" category. (Click 'more options' from any posting place and then click the smile on the toolbar to see all the smilie categories.) Also, there are a variety of smilies that are "hidden" or secret, and you can find them on the smilies documentation page. This page also lists all the text codes you can use while posting to insert smilies into your post. Enjoy new smilies, faces, food, animals, objects and more.
    newsmilies.png

Mr. Serotonin and mercury like this.
  19. April 10, 2018
    • In time for the NBA playoffs, I give you ... team emoji. You'll find the logos for all thirty NBA teams in the smilie section on all posting forms. (Click more options, click the smilie face on the toolbar, select sports.) You can also find them on the smilies documentation page. This page also lists all the text codes you can use while posting to insert smilies into your post include the shortcodes for each of the team logos (most are the full team name or the nickname for the team).

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 6.44.13 PM.png

More sports will hopefully be added in the future.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. April 11, 2018
    • Following the past couple of days and smilie additions, today I'm adding some MLB teams to our sports section for all posting options. (Click more options, click the smilie face on the toolbar, select sports.) You can also find them on the smilies documentation page. This page also lists all the text codes you can use while posting to insert smilies into your post include the shortcodes for each of the team logos (most are the full team name or the nickname for the team).
    mlb.jpg

Corey Putney likes this.
  21. April 11, 2018

:killmonger::hulk::groot::rocketraccoon::thor:
    :panther3: :starlord::doctorstrange::loki:

I also added some new Marvel smilies as well. (Under: more options, smilie face, comics.)

RyanPm40 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. Jason Tate Apr 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2018)
    April 18, 2018

Added to each of the forums a new "policy/guidance" post to outline a few different policies about each forum:
    These can then be updated in the future by moderators to help clarify specific policies, rules, or informal rules about each forum to help maintain a cleaner and clearer list of policies if/when they may differ between different forums.

I also cleaned up the pinned/sticky thread situation in all of the forums. The goal is to have a minimal amount of pinned threads in each forum so that new discussions can bubble to the top and be easier for new (and long time) visitors. A few forums have more than others (like the sports forum) but I think we had too many in most of the forums and everything will run smoother this way. This thread being in every single forum now gives people a place they can check to see forum policies and quickly access the rules and code of conduct as well. Plus, the thread can be a place to discuss new policies, formal and not, for each forum with moderators and other members to talk about formatting, informal/formal rules, and things like that.

There's also quick links to all the prefixes in each forum that are available and some common threads that are important and worth highlighting.

KidLightning and sophos34 like this.
  23. April 19, 2018

Added "Bracket" and "Genre" prefixes to the music forum. Added "NSFW" and "Location" prefixes to the general forum.

Butinsmallsteps and bachna84 like this.