Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Website Update Announcements (Updated: February 16, 2024)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Jason Tate Mar 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2023)
    This thread is for updates to the website and forum.

I'll be posting all updates to the website (and forum), big and small, in this thread after I've updated our change log. That way you can follow just this thread to see when new updates are rolled out and what they are.

All of the updates are kept on our Release Notes/Change Log page.

2. I was just about to ask about the hearts, then saw one fill in this morning. Awesome.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

You can like my posts as many times as you want babay.

4. Jason Tate likes this.
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Will the "Tour Discussion" and "Personal Life" forums be on Chorus?

6. Jason Tate likes this.
  7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks. What about PL?

8. There are some PL-like threads in General and more in the supporter/prestigious sections of the site. I'm not sure if that's how it was set up at AP, but i reckon the vibe is the same.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

I miss the ability to see all of a users posts in a thread

10. Using the search on a thread you can see all a user's posts in a thread:

[​IMG]

Type a username in that box. Make sure just this thread is checked.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Jason Tate how many members did AP top out at? Just curious.

12. The cron job broke for a while so the count is never quite right. Between 450k and maybe as high as 610k if the database is to be believed. (A whole lot of spam foreign accounts/non-verified emails though.)

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. Crazy that there were half a million members. Feels like I was always talking to the same 50 people.

Mr. Serotonin and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks. Looking mainly for the Weed and Food threads.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. I had weed pumpkin bread by accident once. Only time I've ever been high. Weird night.

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Edibles are a whole other ballgame versus smoking. Probably a pretty intense first experience.

17. Some friends and I were watching movies. Sat almost completely still through the entirety of a drama, laughing so it didn't hit us until we stood up and the world was different somehow. My buddy and I had no idea what was happening. Only then did our host ask us what we ate in his kitchen 2 hours before.

It was sort of scary, tbh.

18. Jason Tate Apr 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2016)
    Given that it was by far the most requested feature since launch. I've finished and rolled out the code that links articles on the main site with their forum threads. There are now little icons on each article that link to their respective forum thread.

Side note: I'm not usually that excited or like to brag about how I solve certain coding problems. But this one was really clever and while all the other "bridge" code I saw out there was hundreds of lines, I did this in about 40. I'll start working on cleaning up the imported article pages in the next few days (second most requested).

Attached Files:

scott, DejaMoi and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. brothemighty

Trusted

Holy shit, Jason. This is the most elaborate AP.net April Fool's joke I've ever seen

nothingsforeverdude and Clark like this.
  20. Three plus years of my life, thousands of hours ... worth it. ;-p

Clark likes this.
  21. CheapPop

Regular

Noticed the button when I hovered over the Spotify Tech Crunch article. Nice job!

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Clark

@yttebkralc Prestigious

For anyone that isn't seeing these, I had to clear my cache for them to show up.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

is there any way to sort threads by start date? i think that'd be useful for people who want to look at the threads for the most recent news posts.

24. The article discussion forum does that by default (thread creation date), but other forums:

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 8.47.07 PM.png

25. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

for some reason, neither the "read more" nor the little reply icon are showing up when i look at news posts. "read more" does show up on the actual front page, but not on the news post permalinks themselves. wondering if i'm missing something? i can post screenshots in a bit