Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weatherbox Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 9, 2016.

1. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

There is something better listening to 'The Devil & I' and then Manchester Orchestra's 'The Mansion' back to back. They are companion songs!

edit: what is BoC?

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

boards of canada

3. Horrorca

Trusted

can't get into M. Orchestra

4. OotyPa

fall away

:teethsmile:

5. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Definition of a First World Problem here, but I would honestly be there in a heartbeat if it weren't for the fact that I weren't already planning to stay the night in Vegas!!!! AAARRGGGHH!!!

I don't have any compunctions of cutting the trip short to go, it's just that my friend booked the room. Still... I think I'm gonna try to convince him.

Has anybody here been to Che Café before? Do you know if this is the kind of event you could buy tickets in advance for, or would one just have to queue up outside?

6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I know it's a small place. Brian said in an interview that San Diego shows don't really sell out so if it were me, I'd say you'd be good showing up and getting a ticket at the door. It never hurts to get it in advance, though, to be safe.

7. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Believe me, I almost always stick to the safe side and get tickets in advance.

I think Che Café might be a cash-only joint, though.

8. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

This sucks their last show for awhile is on the west coast :(. *sigh* I hope they dont go away for too long.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

10. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

muttley and GEM37 like this.
  11. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Really hoping this is a Balance & Composure/Touche Amore-style hibernation - i.e. take 8 or so months off from touring, record a new album, release it in fall the following year - and not a Moving Mountains-style hibernation.

12. OotyPa

fall away

Been listening to Watashi Wa Dance Party for the first time and its sick

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

14. muttley

I had Two Seductresses come on followed by Trippin and I played both over and over. Two of my favorites.

Cameron likes this.
  15. SayHello

Regular

I'm so sad this band is taking a break / hiatus...whatever. As I've grown up and my music taste has matured, they've become one of my favorite bands. Oh, and I've seen them a handful of times live, just incredible how tight they are.

OotyPa and muttley like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I just hope Brian gets better. It's obvious he's been very tired/unhealthy the last year or so. My fanboy part of me wants a new album before a hiatus, but I just hope they come back ready to roll.

17. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Just curious, what are you basing that off of?

18. Horrorca

Trusted

Brian has posted about it

I KNOW YOU WILL GET BETTER, BRIAN

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Well just the two or three times over the past 3 years they've cancelled shows due to his mental health from what I remember. I can't pinpoint exact dates. When I saw them a year and a half ago he was fine though.

20. OotyPa

fall away

this band means so SO much to me

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  21. WetwithSharp Jul 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 29, 2016)
    WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Yeah, that's all I've seen mental health related stuff and even that was mostly just around one incident with Lucy. And even that was around Flies In All Directions release time, not really recently.

Hardly enough to say, "It's obvious he's been very tired/unhealthy the last year or so." lol. He seems to be doing good the past year, not to mention he did Future Crooks too. That's why I was curious if there was something I missed that made Cameron think that.

22. muttley

Dude's been busting his ass on tour. Probably just wants to take a break and relax for a little bit.

23. SayHello

Regular

I don't know, to me, it still seems like he has some drug troubles / problems, no? He he so much talent. I hope he's back at it soon. It makes me so upset.

24. Horrorca

Trusted

it feels weird talking private shit about someone none of us knows...

and I am not interested in gossip/rumor, but I also don't think it's cool to reduce mental health problems to "drug troubles"- so I'll say only this: drugs might be involved, sure, but it is not a drug problem

25. SayHello

Regular

Fair, but all I'm saying is that hasn't he had very public problems with drug addiction in the past? I thought that was common knowledge. I really hope it's not that though, and he's moved on from it.