Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weatherbox Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

oh man, I love W

American Art is ok, but Drama and Flies are mind-blowing

if I had to chose one today, I'd probably go for the former, such an interesting document of the inner workings of the mind and the weird, dark turns one can take inside its head (also, That Mann is an absolute masterpiece of it own).

Flies is a lot more polished and structured, W at the top of its powers, and makes for a very concise and powerful experience

both have amazing lyrics - love the general theme (the confusion arising from our place (or lack thereof) in the universe)

really looking forward to their development

I hope Brian finds peace

2. Augustus Jordal

Flies in All Directions is amazing. Bathin' in the Fuss is an amazing roof chilling song

Cameron likes this.
  3. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

In the 3rd issue of the Weatherbox fan zine, Brian said that he and Chris (Mansions) are going to start trading songs back and forth. New Manbox may be coming!

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

holy shit holy shit holyyyyy shit

5. Did you end up going to that? Honestly, Weatherbox is here so much that I've taken them for granted for years. I just saw them so much in the 2007-2009 years that I wind up passing on most AZ shows because I know they'll be back within the next 6 months haha. Troubled Minds had me interested in going though, those guys are good. Cannot stand Sundressed though.

6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Man, I fell asleep like 20 minutes before I was supposed to take off lol. I've seen them a lot in the last 2 years but I always figure it's only a 45min-hour drive so why not. I always think one of these times they're going to play a bunch of deep cuts and I'll miss it.
    As many times as they've played together, I've essentially never heard Sundressed. Haven't heard of Troubled Minds at all.

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

bumping this thread because apparently a lot of people on this site think they sound like Modern Baseball (...???) and not like one of the best bands of our time (which they are)

Cameron likes this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

We still doing the opinions as facts thing? Haha, cool.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. cwhit

yes
    yes
    good post
    i agree

10. muttley

I don't think that was being pushed as a fact. Seemed like he was wondering how we felt about it.

I've never heard Modern Baseball.

11. Horrorca

Trusted

while we're at it

Weatherbox >>>>>>>>>> MoB

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also never heard Modern Baseball.

13. I heard a Modern Baseball song once and it was really bad. That's about all I can say about them haha

14. muttley

I was driving home the other day and threw on American Art shortly before the sunset. It was great.

Cameron and trevorshmevor like this.
  15. cwhit

modern baseball's new album isn't awful, worth listening to once at least

FTank likes this.
  16. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Holy Ghost is actually pretty good, not here to hate on MoBo. Just wanna stress the Box to be infinitely different and infinitely better.

Big News is one of my favorite songs ever I think

17. cwhit

Big News is so good. One of the catchiest songs of this sort of music, maybe my favorite Box song

18. muttley

19. Horrorca

Trusted

That Mann makes me feel a certain way... oh man, best song ever

20. Now I'm in a cosmic drama mood

21. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

jordalsh likes this.
  22. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

also listening to TCD a ton right now

maybe No Hands is my favorite box song? there are so many brilliant ones idk

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  23. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Easily one of the best. I don't really think I have a concrete favorite tbh.

24. No Hands tears me 2 pieces

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Still haven't listened to TCD enough to warrant a solid opinion, but King Friend is my fav.

muttley likes this.