Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

We Were Sharks – “Hotel Beds” (Video Premiere)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

We Were Sharks will be releasing their new album, Lost Touch, on February 23rd. Today we have the premiere of the new video for “Hotel Beds” for your viewing pleasure. You can check that out below and if you like what you hear, pre-orders are now up.

The band has also recently announced some new tour dates and you’ll find those below.

2/2 Flemington, NJ @ All Star Music Empire
    2/3 Amityville, NY @ Revolution Music Hall
    2/5 Brooklyn, NY @ Gold Sounds
    2/6 Rochester, NY @ Montage Music Hall
    2/7 Kent, OH @ The Outpost
    2/8 Ferndale, MI @ The Loving Touch
    2/9 Kalkaska, MI @ The Alley
    2/10 Downers Grove, IL @ Evolution Music
    2/11 Indianapolis, IN @ Hoosier Dome
    2/12 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
    2/13 Florence, AL @ Underground Art and Sound
    2/14 Birmingham, AL @ Homeroom at UAB
    2/15 Gainesville, FL @ Durty Nellies
    2/16 Orlando, FL @ The Falcon Bar
    2/17 Hudson, FL @ What We Live For Studios
    2/18 Jacksonville, FL @ Nighthawks
    3/2 London, ONT @ Rum Runners
    3/3 Toronto, ONT @ Sneaky Dee’s
    3/10 Ottawa, ONT @ The 27 Club

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty catchy song. Have they always been this poppy? I thought I listened to them awhile back and they did not sound like this.

3. BleedingDodgerBlue

I think this might be one of my favorites this year, these guys continue to improve every album.

shawnhyphenray likes this.
  4. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Singer looks like he's too old to sing in a pop-punk band. Song's catchy, though.

Brent likes this.
  5. Analog Drummer

Regular

Came up in my Spotify radio. I jammed it without knowing who they are, checked and followed last week. Good band

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Huh. Didn't know music genres had age limits. News to me.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Another great song but singer is just so awkward looking with his hands.

8. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Obviously there are no age limits to music genres, if that's what you want to play or listen. Who am I to say the opposite? In my town there is a sloppy pop-punk / punk-rock band, formed in 2017, made of people in their late 30s / pushing 40s. They're funny and their songs are catchy, hell I even think they're one of the best local bands I know, but they obviously look too old / awkward / ridiculous to play that music and maybe that's what I like them.
    I mean, I always connected pop-punk to teenage years and feelings and you can't indulge in them forever.

Brent likes this.
  9. So it goes

Justin Pierre could be singing this song, and it would still suck. The lyrics are so bad. Pop-punk isn't dead, it just sucks ass now.