Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

We The Kings - "We The Kings" 10 Year Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Dec 2, 2016.

1. btr

Trusted Supporter

It's the entire self-titled front-to-back with an encore of songs from other albums

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's a 10-year anniversary tour. They'll play the album.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

tbh i can't imagine them doing an encore of other songs. like, what other "hits" do they have, really. haha they know nobody is going for those songs

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

I've only ever listened to their self-titled, but from what I've heard, a lot of their current fans only know their newer material. And their biggest hit isn't even on self-titled so I can imagine there will be at last a few songs in an encore. Totally get what you're saying, though. Whenever I think of We the Kings, I only think of three songs

5. cwhit

what is their biggest hit? it's absolutely check yes juliet

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Sad Song has 29 million plays on Spotify, Check Yes Juliet has 27 million and Say You Like Me has 12 million. Those are their three most played songs.

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

A lot of people seem to think Sad Song is their biggest hit. Maybe sales wise Check Yes Juliet is their best, but Sad Song has 58.5 million plays on YouTube and 29 million on Spotify. It came out in December 2013 which is even more mind-blowing

8. cwhit

and check yes juliet came out in an era where most listens weren't done on youtube and spotify wasn't a thing for like another five years after the song came out
    when it comes to general public awareness, check yes juliet is their biggest song

FTank likes this.
  9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Still no openers yet? The tour starts in less than one month.

10. michael_gatto

Trusted

the Fillmore Philly instagram account announced Plaid Brixx and Astro Lasso as support, I'd imagine that's a whole tour deal either way I've never heard of either of them.

Also insane to me that this hasn't sold out the Foundry, which is tiny as hell and Mayday sold it out in less than a day.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Psssst: No one really cares about this band anymore.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Had no idea people still paid attention to this band, tbh. Could not even get through one listen of their last album.

13. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

My date is 250 cap and isn't even half sold out yet.

michael_gatto likes this.
  14. btr

Trusted Supporter

If it isn't Warped Tour, nobody cares.

15. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Well, to be fair, they did just put out a Greatest Hits record, so I imagine there are other tracks they could play.

16. cwhit

that has nothing to do with the tracks people want to actually hear though

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I think you'd be surprised actually. When I saw them at Warped last summer it was consistently high energy all day. Sure, the stuff from the S/T gets the biggest reaction, but their newer stuff wasn't far behind. Hell, their newest song "Sad Song" has 61M hits on YouTube.

18. emojedi

Trusted

a band called Plaid Brixx is opening this.

19. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

3Oh!3 couldn't sell out a 300 cap venue in NYC a couple months ago. They would have a massive crowd at Warped Tour, though.

20. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Plaid Brixx is one HELL of a band! We interviewed their lead singer Chris last summer and I honestly believe they could be a huge band. Their song "Greener Side" is pretty damn catchy and Chris is one of the best frontmen I've seen in awhile. RIYL: One Republic and The Fray

Episode 35: Chris Duggan of Plaid Brixx

21. Mr. Serotonin Jan 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2017)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I think they're just gonna be local openers for the most part. My friends band is opening all FL dates, and my band may be opening the Tallahassee date with them.

22. cwhit

nah it's that same plaid brixx and astro lasso here

23. Mr. Serotonin

Ahh, I missed that from earlier in the thread. Prolly just have 1 local opener at most dates then.

24. meggers

Trusted

Live Nation has Cute Is What We Aim For listed on the Detroit show.

25. Mr. Serotonin

Haha, yep. Fuckin' Cute is what we Aim for took my spot! Haha, sounds like they're playing several dates now.