Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

We Need a New Bracket (Bring Me the Horizon bracket) Bracket • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Micool1, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'll close this round in 2 hours.

bachna84 likes this.
  2. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Chelsea Smile is officially the winner of the Suicide Season bracket! There Is a Hell bracket incoming!

bachna84 and Christian Romero like this.
  3. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

BRING ME THE HORIZON FACE OFF:

THERE IS A HELL, BELIEVE ME I'VE SEEN IT. THERE IS A HEAVEN, LET'S KEEP IT A SECRET.

-----

Round 1

The Fox and The Wolf Vs. Fuck

Crucify Me Vs. Anthem

Memorial Vs. Home Sweet Hole

It Never Ends Vs. Alligator Blood

Round 1 starts now!

bachna84 likes this.
  4. Noradrenaline

Regular

Fuck
    Crucify Me
    Home Sweet Hole
    It Never Ends

5. 333 GANG

ACAB

Fuck
    Crucify
    Home
    Ends

6. Fuck—one of my favorites off the whole album
    Crucify Me
    Home Sweet Hole—the guitars on this song kill me
    Alligator Blood

7. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

The Fox and The Wolf (This turned out to be a fairly easy decision for me - I really like how aggressive The Fox and The Wolf is and some of the lyrics in Fuck are pretty bad)

Anthem (Tough matchup - I appreciate the uniqueness of Crucify Me, but I prefer the heavier more traditional sound of theirs in this instance)

Home Sweet Hole (This was easy for me too - Home Sweet Hole is more of a midtier song on the album for me, but it's going up against a fairly dull instrumental track)

Alligator Blood (I'm sure I'll be greatly outnumbered here, but Alligator Blood has always been one of my favorites on this album and I prefer it to It Never Ends)

8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Fuck - I don't LOVE either of these songs, bit the guitar solo and vocal feature give this song the slight edge. Whenever BMTH uses clean vocals, it's a treat.

Crucify Me - This is such a powerful opener. It just sounds like how falling into hell would feel. So massive.

Home Sweet Hole - The hook is great. The lyrics are really intense & relatable too, which is great.

It Never Ends - Not even a question, one of the bands' best songs. The orchestral riff layered over the guitars is such an awesome sound, and I wish that sound was utilized more in rock music. The lyrics are great, the riffs are so tight, and the production is premium. I love Oli's peefoemance here, and this may be my favorite song in all of heavy music.

disambigujason likes this.
  9. Bane

The spiciest meme

Aw The Sadness Will Never End really should have had that, damn. But now time for my favorite album!

Fuck (The Fox and the Wolf does do a lot with its runtime though, it's great)
    Crucify Me (this is round 1? Fuck man, Crucify Me technically goes for more but Anthem is such a BOP especially the ending. Fine with either winning)
    Home Sweet Hole
    Alligator Blood (this being a round 1 is actually the worst also, what the fuck lol. Alligator Blood might be my actual top favorite song from them but It Never Ends is so so so good. Ugh.)

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Fuck. Back half of this song is incredible.

Crucify Me. Sometimes I think this is my favorite BMTH song. Love the comment above about it sounding like what falling into hell feels like. Song’s flawless.

Home Sweet Hole. This ones just alright to me.

It Never Ends Vs. Another contender for my favorite BMTH song. The urgency and desperation on display here is gripping.

11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Current scores:

The Fox and The Wolf - 1
    Fuck - 6

Crucify Me - 6
    Anthem- 1

Memorial - 0
    Home Sweet Hole - 7

It Never Ends - 4
    Alligator Blood - 3

bachna84 likes this.
  12. allastud

Regular

Fuck

Crucify Me

Home Sweet Hole

It Never Ends

13. Michael

Regular Bitch

Fuck
    Crucify Me
    Home Sweet Hole
    It Never Ends

14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Current scores:

The Fox and The Wolf - 1
    Fuck - 8

Crucify Me - 8
    Anthem- 1

Memorial - 0
    Home Sweet Hole - 9

It Never Ends - 6
    Alligator Blood - 3

Christian Romero and bachna84 like this.
  15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

These will be the final scores.

Round 2:

Visions Vs. Fuck

Don't Go Vs. Crucify Me

Blessed With a Curse Vs. Home Sweet Hole

Blacklist Vs. It Never Ends

bachna84 likes this.
  16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Fuck
    Crucify
    Blessed
    Ends

bachna84 likes this.
  17. Now the ranking is starting to get tough, I love every song off this album so.. ugh.

Fuck—I love the guitars on this song so much.
    Don't Go—this song blew my mind when I first heard it. Just a good song to have right after Fuck.
    Blessed With a Curse—objectively one of the best songs in the bands career, I think.
    Blacklist—I don't hear a lot of people talk about this song, but its top three off of the album. I love the small edits throughout the song, it feels fresh especially being towards the back half of the album.

18. allastud

Regular

Fuck

Don’t Go

Blessed With A Curse

It Never Ends

19. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Fuck (While I don't love the lyrics at certain points of this song, I think it's a better overall song than Visions. The guest spot on this song is great and musically I think this song is pretty interesting. On a side note, I think it's pretty cool that Josh from YMAS contributed to this album and Oli contributed to the YMAS song Bite My Tongue. That song is worth a listen to anyone who hasn't heard it!)

Crucify Me (Funny how the two songs featuring Lights are matched up against one another! I know that I voted against Crucify Me last round, but I still think that it is one of the best songs in their discography)

Blessed With a Curse (This wasn't too difficult for me - Home Sweet Hole is fine but I consider it a midtier song on this album and I think Blessed With a Curse is a more dynamic song)

It Never Ends (Pretty much the same reasoning as the previous matchup - Blacklist is fine but it's another song that I consider to be midtier)

333 GANG likes this.
  20. Noradrenaline

Regular

Visions
    Don't Go
    Blessed With a Curse (They OPENED with this one at Warped UK 2012 and it somehow worked. So cool)
    It Never Ends (I love Blacklist but It Never Ends is my favourite song of theirs. Period.)

21. Blink182Bouncer Jan 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2020)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Fuck - Admittedly, Visions is probably the better song composition-wise, but the lyrics and sense of desperation here are super impactful. And of course, that bridge is WILD.

Don't Go - This was honestly a toss up, both are great, but I think the weirder song should usually win, because it's the one that had to fight harder to create the same level of emotional impact. These are probably BMTH's best lyrics, and the guitar work is so varied.

Home Sweet Hole - Not really feeling the love for Blessed With A Curse. It kinda shows how much versatality Oli's voice lacked, and the lyrics are painful imo.

It Never Ends - Do I even need to justify myself here?

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Visions. The third contender for favorite BMTH song. Adore this song.
    Crucify Me. I love don’t go but crucify me is perfect.
    Blessed With a Curse. Great song vs average one. Love blessed’s lyrics.
    It Never Ends.

23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Current scores:

Visions- 2
    Fuck - 5

Don't Go - 4
    Crucify Me - 3

Blessed With a Curse - 6
    Home Sweet Hole - 1

Blacklist - 1
    It Never Ends - 6

bachna84 and 333 GANG like this.
  24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I was wondering if anyone would mention it haha

bachna84 and Christian Romero like this.
  25. Bane

The spiciest meme

I almost didn't come back today because of how sad I was losing Alligator Blood so early lol

Visions (I just really like the "Bring out your dead" part alot lol)
    Crucify Me
    Blessed With a Curse
    It Never Ends (Blacklist FUCKS though, man It Never Ends keeps taking out all of my favs lol)