Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

We Are Who We Are (HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 7, 2020.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

We Are Who We Are is a new coming-of-age story from Luca Guadagnino (Call Me By Your Name) about two American teenagers who live on an American military base with their parents in Italy. The series explores typical teenage drama themes including friendship, love and overall confusion — only in this little slice of America in Italy.

The cast will include familiar faces like Chloë Sevigny (Big Love), Kid Cudi (Westworld and How to Make It in America), Jack Dylan Grazer (It), Alice Braga (Queen of the South), Spence Moore II (All American), as well as newcomers Jordan Kristine Seamon, Faith Alabi, Francesca Scorsese, Ben Taylor, Corey Knight, Tom Mercier and Sebastiano Pigazzi.

2. Night Channels

Trusted

Cool.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Coming of age. Italy. Sold.

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Excited for this.

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

anyone watch this last night?

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Came on a bit late for me so I plan on watching tonight. Hyped.

riotspray likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It's definitely directed by Luca haha, not much happens in the pilot but still gonna watch

9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Thoroughly enjoyed the pilot but yeah agreed with what has been said, that not much happens other than learning that kid is a snot-nosed brat haha. Music is gorgeous though and I lol'd a few times at dialogue- which I didn't expect from the trailers.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

gonna be hard to get over the image of Cudi in a Maga hat lol
    I like Caitlin a lot, I like Britney too but it's distracting that it's Francesca Scorcese haha

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

now that this is a few episodes in, has anyone been watching? any good?

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I'm waiting till more episodes are out. First episode intrigued me but not much happened (though it was a joy to watch), so this seems like something I'll want to binge a few episodes of at a time to get my fix.

riotspray likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah it's definitely more of a vibe show, the two lead performances are stellar but no real plot

riotspray likes this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Anyone finish this season? Worth checking out? Ive only seen the pilot

15. Luke Nelson

Finale is tomorrow but I’ve loved the season so far. Luca is one of my favorite modern director’s though so I’m typically head over heels for anything he does.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

if you're someone who needs plot it can be frustrating but the mood/acting/and score are all incredible

17. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

started this last night and it's very much my kind of thing, absolutely love it.

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

Love this show

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I need to catch up. Only about 4 episodes in but was enjoying it too. A couple moments leave me scratching my head but it's great to watch a director exhibit no creative limits.

jorbjorb likes this.